S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 03-11-2005, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robb,Mar 11 2005, 09:01 AM
Grannyrod pretend you are in an Autox and drive around them!
Good one Robb. But if you dodge one, the next one will getcha before you can recover.

Chaz, I think I have year-round radials but I was thinking that inflating the tires would help a bit? I'm sure I have the original shocks on the car, I was thinking maybe new ones would help also.

Did anyone see that sink hole in PA. I was worried about my Cleatis falling in one of those.

I hope I never have to drive "the baby" over these roads.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Can you believe Adelphia disconnected us yesterday (i.e. our computers) instead of our next door neighbors. I was having withdrawls with no S2ki. Now Andy and I are out the door to the desert for the weekend. Ta ta, until Sunday night, and new flower pictures.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:23 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcatt,Mar 8 2005, 12:54 PM
Well, it seems things are getting better. No hospitalisation was needed (thank goodness). I've been off work since Tuesday the 22nd. I went to the Ear/Nose/Throat quack, and boy was he a quack. My wife and I were both ready to blow up and tear him a new a$$hole. The end result was he couldn't find anything wrong that would fall under his bailiwicke.

We went back to the regular doc the next day (Tuesday last week) and he agreed that the ENT's pronouncements were hogwash. On a previous blood test I had a somewhat elevated blood sugar count, so this time they did a quick finger stick using a blood glucose meter, which indicated quite high. The thinking then was maybe diabetes, so off for another blood test, this time for a full glucose scan.

Next day I got the call, turns out I have type II diabetes. The thinking is that all along I had a severe sinus infection, a bronchial infection, and the diabetes interfered with the antibiotics ability to deal with the infections.

End result is that I'm feeling a lot better now, the illness part seems to be over, I'm not as tired as I was, but I'm just incredibly weak. I wound up losing over 30lbs and I have a feeling I will need to lose a little more to help with the diabetes. Believe me, this is NOT how I wanted to lose weight!!! I go in later this morning for an education on how to manage the diabetes, and I anticipate going back to work Thursday, at least for a little bit.

Thank you all for your kind words, support and advice. It means a lot to me!!!
TC

I just ran across the post that you have been having medical issues. I hope that your education class was informative as Type II D is nothing to take lightly.

Good luck with the management of it. Take care.

Best regards,
Matt _inVA
Old 03-11-2005, 04:48 PM

Received 4,277 Likes on 3,327 Posts

Just got in from work, boy it's nasty out there very slippery.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:20 AM

Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts

This guy that killed the judge and two other people in Atlanta, Georgia is supposedly headed this way. What a disaster! Totally unacceptable!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:01 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The killer in Atlanta was in the parking deck below while they were out looking for him (at least they found the green honda there). Does anyone know if the court reporter's name has been released? I went to court reporting school and hope I don't know her.

Just see on the news right now, US Customs agent found dead in North Atlanta!!! He is killing as he goes!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

^ They just caught him, thank goodness!!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:55 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I just saw that. And... as for the court reporter, Julie Brandau, I did not go to school with her. I am so sorry for her family. She has an 18-year-old daughter at Auburn. So sad for all.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:12 AM

Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts

What a tragedy! I am glad they caught this guy. The sad thing is the utter disregard for human life and the propensity to commit such egregious crime while on the run. Judge's family as well as the court reporter's and couple of other people's have now been turned upside down. All because of this one human being who made a decision to do what he did. I am sure this event will cause the law enforcement agencies to re-examine and re-evaluate the procedures they follow. I hope this will never ever happen again!
Old 03-12-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

There are a lot of violent folks out there. What a shame. Yup, glad they caught this guy!

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***