S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 01-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

Sorry about the bad cold, TC. My daughter has been home sick the past few days -- doctor told her the same thing . . . just a "severe" cold. I'm trying to stay away, spraying everything with lysol and washing my hands so much they're raw.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try chicken soup, vitamin C, and echinesea root (from GNC) for the cold. Hope ya feel better!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Jan 7 2005, 07:51 AM
Glad you're getting back to normal, Tom. Wow, just a bad cold huh?
Thanks Chazmo. It feels exactly like flu, except no joint aches and no fever. The doc said there was nothing to be done for it, and it definitely was not flu.

We've both been on multi-vitamin supplements for awhile now. We consumed so much soup and juice we're bloated up like cartoon characters and ready to float away.

At least, if it had to happen, it happened while we were both off for the holidays and didn't have to miss much work.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by tomcatt,Jan 7 2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks Chazmo. It feels exactly like flu, except no joint aches and no fever. The doc said there was nothing to be done for it, and it definitely was not flu.

We've both been on multi-vitamin supplements for awhile now. We consumed so much soup and juice we're bloated up like cartoon characters and ready to float away.

At least, if it had to happen, it happened while we were both off for the holidays and didn't have to miss much work.
Feel better fast TC and watch out for rebound. I got it first then my daughter was down for 3 weeks and I guess the bug is still in the house because it feels like I'm coming down again. Too bad we just have to ride it out.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:02 PM

I'm home today also! Had an eye docs appointment this morning. I normally commute on the train and I missed it today. It's raining again and I just don't feel like fighting the traffic in the rain. Traffic is bad enough when it's dry. I sure hope this Seattle style weather ends before the March 5th meet!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Jan 7 2005, 10:19 AM
Feel better fast TC and watch out for rebound. I got it first then my daughter was down for 3 weeks and I guess the bug is still in the house because it feels like I'm coming down again. Too bad we just have to ride it out.
Thanks granny, I do hope neither of us has a relapse. I'd hate to have to go through this again...
Old 01-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Originally Posted by Corona_S2K,Jan 7 2005, 04:02 PM
I'm home today also! Had an eye docs appointment this morning. I normally commute on the train and I missed it today. It's raining again and I just don't feel like fighting the traffic in the rain. Traffic is bad enough when it's dry. I sure hope this Seattle style weather ends before the March 5th meet!
Yes, those videos of the weather out there are something! You've got two months to improve it!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by Corona_S2K,Jan 7 2005, 01:02 PM
The traffic down there is the worst I've ever been in. The rain will quit and we'll have the most gorgeous wild flowers in ages. You'll have to drive up to the high desert and come check out the California poppies.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

I know I'm not going to get any sympathy from the east but hey you Californians

Are you getting sick to death of this weekend after weekend rain? We are going stir crazy in our house. We were going to take the motorhome to the desert this weekend, rain or shine, and then it snowed in Mojave and Lancaster. We don't do snow in the motorhome. The forecast says 100% chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday in Mojave, which is close enough to where we'd go. Waah!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Patty,

You're right. No sympathy from the east.

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***