S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 05-12-2004, 02:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by MsPerky
Well, the three options were the weekend of the 17, 24th and 31st, but Granny can't come on the 17th and Tom can only come then, so we have a conflict. How to resolve?
Well the 19th would have been my 24 year anniversary so I think it only fitting we get...Rob intoxicated that weekend.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...morning all.

Going to be offline most of the day .

Don't let me miss any big news .....
Old 05-13-2004, 03:39 AM

Originally posted by matrix
...morning all.

Going to be offline most of the day .

Don't let me miss any big news .....
Without you, there IS no big news!

As for the 17th, I could always MC the recital by remote satellite hookup from Ohio. Surely kiddies and adults can play without me being there physically. j/k

Wheat field? I know your yard didn't got brown that quickly. Glad you're back.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:56 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OhioRacer
Old 05-13-2004, 05:23 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Ok, I just read the last three pages of this mess.

Granny's going racing. Cool. Granny, you have to find out if Beaver Run requires a "SA" rated helmet. If so, then you cannot use the less expensive "M" helmets. SA are for the race cars, M is for motorcycles. Check out the FC forum. I think the info is there. If you can use an M rated helmet, be sureit is Snell 2000 rated. I recommend the Bell Star model for you. It is reasonably priced at around $100. You can find them at motorcycle shops and try them on till you find the size that fits. Plus, the shops can order the size and style you want. If it doesn't feel good when you try it on, they won't make you buy it. In other words, I don't buy helmets on line.

Everyone else: So Carmen takes LB's advice, is having a great time, and LB is the last to know???? No wonder your all hiding here in "Shoot the Breeze"
Old 05-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Member (Premium)

We're hiding in plain sight!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:32 AM

Well, thanks LB, they told me you were the man to see/talk to about helmets. I'll start trying them on to see what feels comfortable. I will not buy without consulting you first and I'll check out the Bell Star you recommended. Now if you could just to something about that 'helmet hair" Kyras mentioned. Think rollers will fit under there?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:37 AM

I hate this time of year.

The maple trees are dropping their seeds, which come down like little 2-3" helicopters and cover the ground, clog gutters and get into all the nooks and crannies of the cars, making an absolute mess.

The street gutters are covered to a depth of 6-8" which causes flooding when it rains; house gutters are clogged more than 1/2 full.

When it rains they get soggy, and if not cleaned up promptly they turn brown and stain whatever they touch. When cars run over the carpet of them on the street they crush into small fragments and the wheel wells become plastered with this mush which hardens into something that has to be removed with a putty knife.

Needless to say my S and Hilly's Accord are the filthiest they've ever been. I'm hoping to wash both cars Sunday, if I can finish the living room window install Saturday.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Well, we are getting cicadas...so tree droppings might not seem so bad to us. They are starting to come out in large numbers now.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:43 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally posted by MsPerky
We're hiding in plain sight!
Oh please! In the Vintage whore thread? This is the place to post about what you had for dinner, not who you're taking to dinner.

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***