S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 03-19-2004, 05:26 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

You guys have a great day -- gotta catch up on all the stuff I didn't do this week due to not feeling so well -- thankfully (due to better living through chemistry -- gotta love those prescription meds) I feel better today, so its time to get moving. Have fun on your day off, Ms P!!
Old 03-19-2004, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I better finish up all the things that need to be done here at work before I'm off for a week. Catch ya'll later!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by tomcatt
Well, I better finish up all the things that need to be done here at work before I'm off for a week. Catch ya'll later!!!
A week? Think we can do without you for a week?
Old 03-19-2004, 08:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by grannyrod
Old 03-19-2004, 08:37 AM

Old 03-19-2004, 09:08 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tomcatt
Old 03-19-2004, 10:48 AM

I mean, who else would answer all my questions, no matter how silly.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:14 AM

Well, I wasn't sure if I should post this in the rain thread, or the motoring thread, or the lunch thread, so I figured I'd play it safe and post it here.

It's an incredibly gorgeous, crisp, sunny clear day here in the NW burbs of Chicago. It's about 48* right now, with a rather stiff breeze from the SW.

I left for lunch, deciding to go home and ditch my winter coat in favor of my lined leather jacket. I walked out to my S in the company parking lot, where she seemed to be glancing over her shoulder at me in eagerness to run. I got in, started her up, and droppped the top and windows. It was a little chilly, but nothing we couldn't handle. I carefully made my way to the exit, allowing her fluids and muscles to warm up without strain. Easing out into traffic we worked our way through the construction zone just east of my work, the two of us patiently awaiting that moment when there would be a clear road ahead.

As I headed south towards home I let her head run free a bit, nothing intense, more of a subtle trot that allowed us to experience a little bit of the excitement we knew would overcome us later. This way home is rather heavily traveled, so we didn't have much opportunity to safely let go.

We pulled into the driveway at home, where I let her rest for a bit in the warm sun while I had some lunch. I rummaged in the fridge to see what I could come up with, settling on a melange of ingredients that wound up being sort of a bastardised taco salad. That plus a can of Squirt was hastily consumed, I put on my worn leather jacket, and we were off to head back to work.

Heading west through traffic I decided to take a somewhat circuitous back road. We hadn't visited this old friend in awhile, and I knew my S and I would enjoy seeing him again. As we got close she seemed to be straining at the bit, knowing we were going to play. I made the tight left turn onto our friend, his arms open wide in welcome. I downshifted two gears, gently massaged the accelerator, and she responded willingly, rapidly winding up to 9 grand. I depressed the clutch, caressed the shifter, and we made another tuneful march to high rpm ecstasy.

As I twisted the wheel to and fro, she following my lead willingly, and we traveled our friend's sinuous path with nary another soul to be seen. All too soon we came to the highway that would lead us back to work, and as we made our way there I allowed her to cool down slowly.

I parked her in her usual spot away from danger, put up the top, and twisted the key. As I got out and hit the lock button, I caressed her flank, and glanced back at her as I walked towards the building. She seemed to be winking at me in pleasure and anticipation of the next time we could share these fun outings together.

edited for spell check...
Old 03-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Tom, this is very poetic. Sounds like a lover, not a car!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

Tom -- that's great. Granny's right -- you should be writing more.

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***