S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 08-29-2005, 06:03 AM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Aug 29 2005, 03:32 AM

Nice pic of Bear lake, reminds me of the area around here.(Adirondacks)
Patty,

You're going to love the scenery in Levi's neck of the woods.

As much as you have beautiful scenery in your area, I like mountains which are green. If we end up with some nice foliage for the Lake George trip, I think you'll be truly impressed.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:10 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Ouch, Patty.

Otherwise, it sounds like an awesome day of driving. :jealous:
Old 09-08-2005, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a very interesting tour today. We use a company to do testing of some of our product line and this is the first time that I got to see their entire facility. Honda racing was in having one of their Formula cars tested. This company does all the roll over testing for NHSTA. Honda was getting a pure calculation on the center of gravity given specific lean of the car. Also the location does suspension testing at different heights (loads) in a vehicle. They are the test bed for several car companies. The coolest thing was the development of robotic steering for the evasive maneuvers. It makes all the tests totally repeatable and takes away human error.

Love technology
Old 09-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

^That sounds neat. Honda has a test track not far from us, just north-west of California City. They test motorcyles and cars there, but keep it very quiet. It's out in the middle of nowhere, in the desert.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:38 PM

Hi gang!!!

I finally talked to the doc late Friday about the CAT scan. It turns out there was not as much shrinkage of the tumors as he would have like to have seen. On the left lobe, there was some definite shrinkage, but on the right lobe there was little change. That combined with the fact I'm still having some discomfort in the area of the liver means we'll be changing the treatment protocol somewhat. I'll still get most of what I'm getting, but the oxaliplatin will be discontinued and a new drug, CPT11, will be added. Hopefully this will have a greater effect on the tumors than the oxaliplatin has had.

The good thing is the severe side effects of the oxaliplatin, cold sensitivity and nerve damage, will not be an issue and what I've been experiencing that way will eventually dissipate.

He is still optimistic though, as I have been eating somewhat better, the CEA tumor marker blood test showed marked improvement (normal < 2.5, mine when diagnosed = 171, mine as of two weeks ago = 70), my weight has been holding steady and overall I seem to be doing better. All I can do is go with the flow, give this a try and hope that the next CAT scan in 3 months (after 6 more rounds of chemo) will show more improvement.

Sorry I haven't been around much, the past couple of weeks have not been good and the head's not been in a good place. I'm hoping the coming week goes better that way.

Not to worry, I ain't givin' up and I'll be ok!!!

Tom
Old 09-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Tom,

Just hang in there.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:47 PM

^I'm hanging, Rob, I'm a hanging...

Tom
Old 09-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

^ You know attitude is everything...and yours seems to be holding up. I hope the new protocol helps. Stay strong!!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Tom,

This is a disappointment, that the tumor hasn't shrunk as much as the Dr. and us all, hoped for but it did shrink. That is the right direction! Maybe it's a good thing, to get rid of the oxaliplatin and try the CPT11. Of course, it would be better if the damn thing just disappeared and let you get back to your normal life but this is a detour first. Yeah, it's worse than taking your S2000 on a rocky gravel road, but you are strong and will persevere.

You know us, we are all here hoping and/or praying for you to beat the cancer.

Patty

Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

to you TC. We're still all rooting for the very best for you.

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***