S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 08-25-2005, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Aug 20 2005, 04:23 PM
Tom, wish you could make it too.

Sorry it's been a tough week, man.
Thanks Charlie.

Last Friday wasn't good either, and the weekend was really up and down. Sunday and the beginning of the week were pretty good days for me, but yesterday afternoon/evening things started to slide again (typical 1st day of chemo result).

This morning was pretty good, but right now I'm not in a good place. Partly frustrated, a lot scared shitless about what the CAT scan will find next week Thursday. My gut tells me it'll be good, as Hilly and I both think the chemo is working, but my head tells me not to get too confident so that if the worst happens I won't have as bad of a downfall.

All I can do is ride it out...

Tom
Old 08-25-2005, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Aug 20 2005, 06:27 PM
My best, Tom...as you said, take it one day at a time. I'm headed out tomorrow morning with the +1 to a NOVA meet I organized. We have 17 cars (so far). About three hours through the VA countryside and the George Washington Nat'l Forest and Skyline Drive. Should be fun!
Thanks Deb, I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and best wishes here. How was the meet?

Tom
Old 08-25-2005, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by valentine,Aug 24 2005, 03:05 PM
Just chiming in to say hello to TomCat and to say and {{hug, hugggggggg} . I so miss your pictures of the kitties, etc. and wish you very, very well. You're always in our thoughts. I too wish I could make the Vintage gathering, but alas, I'm still out here in New Mexico and won't be home for quite some time. The very best driving months will be past when I get back to the S, but I'm sure she's snug as bug all covered in the garage and I'd rather be here with my +1 than home with the S while he's out here. I really miss my daughter horribly, but she's back at school, working and probably too busy to spend much time with dear ole mom. All my best to you and Hilly, TC. You two folks are among Vintage's best.
Thanks Val, I really appreciate it. As I mentioned in my reply to Chazmo, it's really up and down lately, and I think a lot of it is fear of the unknown. I do hope the end of next week brings a more positive outlook.

One of the things that really lifts my spirits is driving the S, even if it's just a grocery store run. I haven't removed the hard top as I never got around to making the hoist in the garage. I'm going to leave that for next year, as the top wouldn't be off for very long this time of the year.

Best back at ya to you and Jim.

Tom
Old 08-25-2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras,Aug 21 2005, 09:38 AM
Tom, I'm very sorry you're feeling badly. I wish you didn't have to. Are these the expected side effects that go with your type of chemo? Do people usually get to the place you're at, where the effects pile up? It must be so hard to hang in there when you feel so lousy.

I know you feel like crap but I sure would love to see just one picture of Teal'c. I'm happy he's been keeping you company. That's one of the reason's I love kitties so much. Our 18 year-old, Christa, moved out to go to college 3 weeks ago. Our cat Zoro has comforted me in my times of sadness by loving me, too. Then again, I'm comforting him since Christa was HIS human, and he misses her too.
Thanks Patty, I do appreciate it.

Yes, part of it is the chemo side efects. The more treatments I have the more the side effects build up, getting worse sooner and lasting longer. So far I'm still able to handle it though, it just gets frustrating at time. Like I said above, the other part is the mental aspect, including the fear of the unknown. I'm really hoping for a good test result from the CAT scan...

I consider myself incredibly fortunate that I have someone here that has infinite patience and never fails to find ways to lift my spirits. I do love her so!!!

I'm in a really bad place mentally right now, in fact I'm surprised I'm able to coherently reply here. Hilly has been taking photos of Teal'c, and I hope to take some this weekend. I'll try to post some them...

Funny how our cats know when we're feeling down and come to comfort, eh? They truly are amazing animals; that's why I love them so much.

How's Andy enjoying his S? You had mentioned earlier he didn't get a lot of opportunity to drive it. Is he getting out more now?

Talk to ya soon

Tom
Old 08-25-2005, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Aug 25 2005, 07:00 AM
I think about you often and wonder how you're holding up. Just know that your friends are with you and ready to cheer you on and up as you go through this ordeal. But hey, as long as I don't hear no fat lady singing, you just hang in there and roll with the punches as best you can, buddy! I love you cat's name. Thanks for the update and remember, every day is still a gift, no matter what it brings. Praying you both through. Chin up! Love to my Hill. Can't wait to see the model (we are talking planes, aren't we?)
Thank you SO much, Granny. I really appreciate everyone's help here, you all really do a lot to help me keep my spirits up.

We both miss you and everyone else SO much. It's killing us that we can't make it back to the Vintage meet, and we're really hoping to be able to make it to SPring Fling 06.

I agree 100% with you; each day is a gift and and not a day goes by that I don't thank the powers that be for allowing me to to have that day.

Yes, it is a model airplane, and I'll post photos when it's done, along with some of my other builds.

Im sorry to hear about your Accord. You really deserve to catch a break and have this string of bad luck finally come to an end. Hang in there, it'll get better.

Tom
Old 08-25-2005, 04:20 PM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Tom,

You are in our thoughts as you continue to fight your fight. I can only imagine how hard it must be at times, to stay positive, and how anxiety provoking it must be awaiting test results.

Our best to your both.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

My best wishes, Tom.

We just picked up two kittens today, and I was thinking of you and the other animal lovers around here.

I'll post a picture once I can get 'em mellow enough to take one.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcatt,Aug 25 2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks Patty, I do appreciate it.

Yes, part of it is the chemo side efects. The more treatments I have the more the side effects build up, getting worse sooner and lasting longer. So far I'm still able to handle it though, it just gets frustrating at time. Like I said above, the other part is the mental aspect, including the fear of the unknown. I'm really hoping for a good test result from the CAT scan...

I consider myself incredibly fortunate that I have someone here that has infinite patience and never fails to find ways to lift my spirits. I do love her so!!!

I'm in a really bad place mentally right now, in fact I'm surprised I'm able to coherently reply here. Hilly has been taking photos of Teal'c, and I hope to take some this weekend. I'll try to post some them...

Funny how our cats know when we're feeling down and come to comfort, eh? They truly are amazing animals; that's why I love them so much.

How's Andy enjoying his S? You had mentioned earlier he didn't get a lot of opportunity to drive it. Is he getting out more now?

Talk to ya soon

Tom
Tom, Andy hardly ever drives the S. I washed it today for him but he always drives his truck because he says it's too much work transferring all his work paraphernalia back and forth.

I'm so glad Hilly is there for you. I imagine your daughter must be done convalescing and has gone home.

You know we all are hoping and praying (if we do) for your return to health. With a name like tomcatt, that CAT scan has to be good.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Tom,

Just hang in there. You're doing just fine, don't give up now. Just hang in there and take it one day at a time.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:45 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Ironic that this thread should be on it's 104 page.

I just got back home from Dallas and it was 104*F there today. It was over 100 everyday since Tuesday. I don't do well in the heat.

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***