S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 06-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

Well, the grandson is improving. No more ketones!! YAY!!! He's now learned how to self-inject into the lower abdomen. Still haven't quite got the insulin dosage regulated, but he's doing better. Unfortunately after each meal, his blood sugar jumps to the high 400s. It needs to be around 100. So we are still in the learning curve. However, his spirits are great and I heard him telling his nurse today that he really wants to get this thing under control because he's totally looking forward to going to Ohio. What a great kid. He just wants to go home . His track coach called him this morning and to Ky's surprise, the coach has diabetes as well. It was quite encouraging.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Jun 28 2005, 12:28 PM
Everybody. Just checking in to say hi and let you guys know our 14 year old grandson was taken to the hospital last night very ill. He's been diagnosed with Type 1 (juvenile) diabetes. He's a little better today, but still in some crisis with ketoacidosis. He was at camp all last week and evidently became ill at camp, but thought it was just a bit of a bug. He'll be in the hospital several more days. We're optimistic that he'll be okay and will learn to self-inject, etc. and hopefully will be stabilized in a few days. He's in good spirits and is quite a trooper. No one in the family has ever had diabetes, so this is a bit of a shocker. If any of you have kids or know of kids with this disease, any input will be appreciated. We're on quite the learning curve right now and want to make this journey as painless as possible. Ky is anxious to get all better because he's been planning on joining us on the Buckeye Tour (at least for the bbq) .
Yes I have some personal involvement. My brother was found to be type 1 at the same age. He never accepted the disease and lived his life the wrong way. His passing at age 35 was a real blow. I also have been diagnosed with diabetes but I am type 2 with diet control. Please get him counselling as soon as you can. At his age, he may not take it seriously which could have tragic results. Sorry, don't mean to alarm but your entry really hit home. Good luck and God bless.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

^^BG, I hear you loud and clear. A million thanks and hugs to all of you who've sent me pms with wonderful information for which I am so grateful. We have little experience with diabetes. This group totally rocks and I love you all. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone at the Buckeye and still have my fingers crossed that the entire Vintage membership will be meeting soon somewhere near me (Bring your sleeping bags and we'll all camp out in my rec room. Grannyrod has dibs on the guest room ) I'm so emotional these days that I'll probably be hugging and kissing everybody at the Buckeye, so ladies, hide your men . My best to you all -- thanks again. VINTAGE ROCKS.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:40 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm glad he's doing a little better, Val. I hope they can figure out the insulin dosage quickly.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:16 PM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Hey!

We saw Matt in VA (and Barbara, of course) and they weren't in VA, they were in MA!

Hope you have a good ride home.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Vintage in MA (for Chazmageddon):

Matt_InVA and PlantPixie gabbing with boltonblue and +1

Rick, but somehow I missed getting Lainey!

Old 07-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Well, since this is the official Shoot the Breeze thread for Vintage, here's my breeze:

I am leaving early (around 4AM PCT) tomorrow to go back to Ohio for Ohio Racer's (Carmen's) Buckeye Run. I probably won't post for 2 weeks, this being the last one, until then.

I love Vintage Owners. I hope to find some computers I can use at the hotels in my stays, to post here and there.

Ta ta, gang!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:21 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Patty! Go to sleep! You'll need it for tomorrow!

JonasM
Old 07-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Woohoo - Patty's off for the BIG ADVENTURE. Have a wonderful trip, and post when you can. See you Fri!! You are staying at the Twinsburg Hilton, right?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

OK Peeps. MsP is off tomorrow for the OH Buckeye Run. Chaz is also away this week. Both back Sun. I'll be checking in when possible. You meeses be good now, ya hear??!!

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***