S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 05-11-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997,May 11 2005, 10:48 AM
Haven't met you yet, Tom, but I certainly join the support group! All the best!
Ditto!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,May 11 2005, 09:48 AM
Hang in there buddy, we've got more grits for you to eat when you get further down that recovery road. Praying you through as always.
Granny,
BTW, too, how are you doing? Hope you are ok? It was so great to meet you finally at SF. I won't ever forget the spontaneous hug I got from you when we met in the lobby!
I always think of you guys immediately, when there is some emergency in the DC area... like right now I'm listening to the rapid evacuation of the Capitol Bldg and the White House, because of a stray Cessna in the area. Keeps us a bit on edge all over the country...
Old 05-11-2005, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=S1997,May 11 2005, 10:40 AM] Granny,
BTW, too, how are you doing? Hope you are ok? It was so great to meet you finally at SF. I won't ever forget the spontaneous hug I got from you when we met in the lobby!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

[QUOTE=grannyrod,May 11 2005, 09:48 AM]
Edit:
Old 05-11-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras,May 11 2005, 11:10 AM
Glad you're doing alright, granny. I have the same problem with tiring easily. Seems like 3PM is time to pull out the nap mat. I'm dreaming of jogging now. It's been 4 weeks since I did and I can see the difference in my body.
Glad to hear you're on the mend too Ms. Patty, even if you do get tired. Are you in much pain still? I haven't been keeping up like I used to. I see where you're thinking of making the Buckeye meet so you too prove that you can't keep a good woman down. Don't you hate it when those pounds creep up on you with the least little layoff of your normal routine. Oh well.... just continue to get better and we'll worry about those pounds later, right? What's a nap?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,May 11 2005, 12:48 PM
Awwww, how sweet of you to be concerned about us here in DC. I almost called Perky because she's much closer to the Capitol than I but they canceled the alert before I had a chance. Some folks thought it had something to do with Tom Ridge's announcement yesterday. I had my purse ready to go just in case.
My brother called me from AZ and said "Is everything OK there?" and told me about the evacuation. I'm right across the street from Union Station, which faces the Capitol, so I went outside to see what was going on. Pretty surreal. People milling around everywhere in the park this side of the Capitol, and police and reporters/cameras everywhere, too. Didn't see any fighter jets, but a Park Police helicopter landed right in front of the Station. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. I immediately thought of 9/11, when I walked home to Rosslyn, with the Pentagon burning in the distance.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

granny,

I have some pain but mostly it's annoying numbness and weakness in the back of my left leg and left foot. It feels like when you are waiting for the novacaine to wear off after getting work done at the dentist... like your face is rubbery and tingling? My toes are like that, my ankle, calf, and thigh a bit. I attempted some weights that I could do 70 lbs on each leg with but can only do 20 lbs now on the left leg. It's all tied to the nerves that are being affected by the disc in my back. I'm trying to be patient but I hate putting on weight and watching my muscles get soft.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky,May 11 2005, 11:45 AM
My brother called me from AZ and said "Is everything OK there?" and told me about the evacuation. I'm right across the street from Union Station, which faces the Capitol, so I went outside to see what was going on. Pretty surreal. People milling around everywhere in the park this side of the Capitol, and police and reporters/cameras everywhere, too. Didn't see any fighter jets, but a Park Police helicopter landed right in front of the Station. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. I immediately thought of 9/11, when I walked home to Rosslyn, with the Pentagon burning in the distance.
You should be our Capitol Hill reporter since you're so close.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,May 11 2005, 01:52 PM
granny,

I have some pain but mostly it's annoying numbness and weakness in the back of my left leg and left foot. It feels like when you are waiting for the novacaine to wear off after getting work done at the dentist... like your face is rubbery and tingling? My toes are like that, my ankle, calf, and thigh a bit. I attempted some weights that I could do 70 lbs on each leg with but can only do 20 lbs now on the left leg. It's all tied to the nerves that are being affected by the disc in my back. I'm trying to be patient but I hate putting on weight and watching my muscles get soft.
Be careful, Patty -- the pounds will come off quickly and the muscles will get strong again -- take your time and heal, little girl. You'll be back to full speed soon enough.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

I just got home from the hospital where I spent part of two days undergoing a trial procedure for implanting a pain medicine pump -- with a cathode that penetrates into the epidural space right where the spinal cord damage is. For the first time in years I was virtually pain free during the few hours that the trial dosage was working. I'm still very hesitant to do it, but I am considering it seriously. Doctors have tried everything since the accident that they could conger up; with essentially no luck. And I really resist taking opiates orally. I would never have thought that we could live with such high levels of pain and keep on acting like we are sane. I need to find a way if I can not to be such a curmudgeon around home! !

Anyway I'm still ditsy from the anesthesia

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***