S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 03-09-2005, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind thoughts and encouragement, gang. The people here continually affirm what Vintage is all about.

Turns out I still need to lose another 20lbs or so, that will mean I'll have gone from an initial weight of 228 nekkid back before Christmas, to a final weight nekkid of 175. Oh well, it'll definitely be healthier, and the S will run a leetle quicker also. Plus, I get to eventually go shopping!!!

I'm allowed to eat just about anything I want to, I just have to count carbs so my blood sugar stays below a certain limit. That means verrrry small portions and carefully watching food types. Yes I can even eat a sweet treat once in a while, it just has to be figured in to the daily total. I do have to check blood sugar level several times a day, but not after every meal like some do. They gave me a neat little meter system for doing this, came with a PC interface cable and software; supposedly it's the latest technology in this sort of thing. It's called a Freestyle Flash.

Granny, I'll pm you once I've had a chance to get my thoughts sorted out on all this. Suffice to say, I'm on glucophage and you are correct, there is a chance I can go off the once things are under control. I agree, it would help to be able to compare notes. Doggone it, I do wish we could make it to SF...
Old 03-09-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 4,277 Likes on 3,327 Posts

Glad to hear you found out what the problem is Tom!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by robb,Mar 9 2005, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear you found out what the problem is Tom!
Thanks robb!

The doc is still not sure what caused the infection, fever and weight loss. He want's to get the diabetes under control first, and then do some more tests to try to figure out what originally caused all this.

We'll see...
Old 03-09-2005, 02:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I know this is crude, but it is making me cry laughing! Maybe some of you need to laugh today!

Old 03-09-2005, 02:33 PM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcatt,Mar 9 2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks robb!

The doc is still not sure what caused the infection, fever and weight loss. He want's to get the diabetes under control first, and then do some more tests to try to figure out what originally caused all this.

We'll see...
Tom,

I'm not sure this is worth anything, or even if I remember correctly but a friend of ours had a teenage son who was diagnosed with diabetes.

It seemed to come about after a period of flu like symptoms, the next thing they knew they had a diabetes diagnosis. No prior symptoms in the young man.

Strange.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by tomcatt,Mar 9 2005, 02:53 PM
Granny, I'll pm you once I've had a chance to get my thoughts sorted out on all this.
I hear ya, pumpkin, getting your thoughts/mind sorted out on this seems to be harder than the physical part but once we do, this will just be a blip on our radar screens. Oh the joys of trying to ride in this saddle we call life and health! But ride we must, right? I tried falling off but the burn from the horse dragging made me climb back up there. Keep on keeping on, buddy!

Old 03-11-2005, 05:39 AM

On another note, I've started driving into work over some of the worst streets in the nation's capital. The pot holes are teeth rattling sometimes. Is there anything I can to do my shocks/suspension or tires to keep the old buggy (92 Civic) from falling apart prematurely. She's already starting to squeak more.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:47 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Angela, I don't think there's anything you can do. Make sure you have nice soft winter tires on the buggy.

Potholes are the bane of my existence up here.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:58 AM

We've got frost heaves here, our version of pot holes.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Mar 11 2005, 06:39 AM
On another note, I've started driving into work over some of the worst streets in the nation's capital. The pot holes are teeth rattling sometimes. Is there anything I can to do my shocks/suspension or tires to keep the old buggy (92 Civic) from falling apart prematurely. She's already starting to squeak more.
Grannyrod pretend you are in an Autox and drive around them!

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***