S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***

Old 09-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Hey Vintage,

I just got a PM from sugarbear (Wayne) who joined Vintage on September 5th. He lives in Milton, Florida so I PMd him a while back asking how he faired with the hurricanes. We had PMd each other before he joined about getting a good price on a 2005 S2000 since we were both in the market.

He said he took a pretty good hit, that he lost all his back deck and that it was washed away along with the hot tub. The pool is now full of bay mud and trees. The living area had 2" of water in it. The garage had 4", the Miata was full of water. His boats: pontoon and fishing boat, floated from the house till they hit high objects and stopped. With so much damage his main concern is getting in line for a general contractor to put his house back in a livable state. Water blew in one sliding glass door that was covered with 3/4" plywood, but he said if it can destroy both east and west lanes of an Interstate 10 bridge, what's a door? He's staying with his sister and is thankful to be alive and have a rood over his head. He said to tell Vintage that he's alive and well.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Yikes...that is awful!!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Sep 22 2004, 02:57 PM
^ I'm sure they must have been, Darlene...Many, many tribes were represented.
Now if we could just get them off the reservations, that would really be something.

Did Gerry ever check back in?
Old 09-23-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Just want to give this week a BIG
We've been on vacation and it's been beautiful weather all week.
We were in NH for a few days, then the rest of the week we were at home and from there went to the Cape (Cape Cod, MA) and Newport, RI, now that most of the tourists are gone it's easier to move. Having the "S" for these rides has been great!

I can cancel my order for "Vintage training wheels" as I managed a couple of bike rides without falling off. (fell off my bike a few weeks ago, first fall in about 40 years, and I did not bounce OUCH).

Gonna hate it when Monday comes and it's back to reality.

Have a good weekend all!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:53 AM

^ Lainey, it's gotten so bad, I hate to take vacations anymore because it's getting harder and harder to get back to reality. It used to only take a day or two, now it takes two weeks. Oh well, glad you enjoyed it. Welcome back.

Has anyone seen that grandson of mine? Ain't no telling what he's up to when he's this quiet.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Sep 24 2004, 01:53 PM
^ Lainey, it's gotten so bad, I hate to take vacations anymore because it's getting harder and harder to get back to reality. It used to only take a day or two, now it takes two weeks. Oh well, glad you enjoyed it. Welcome back.

Has anyone seen that grandson of mine? Ain't no telling what he's up to when he's this quiet.
I'm here grandmother. Staying out of trouble...
We had a nice car show last night at Summit Racing. 2 of our gang got awards.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:47 PM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Sep 24 2004, 01:53 PM

I truly hate going back. I manage a "one person" office so ALL the stuff gets dumped on my desk while I'm gone.(but that's better than having someone mess with my work and my stuff). As soon as I'm back I'll have folks looking for info before I even clean off my desk.
Only takes a couple of days to get back in the swing, then I just start looking forward to next holiday, long weekend or vacation day.

I just keep repeating to myself.......only about 15 more years......
Old 09-24-2004, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Sep 24 2004, 07:47 PM
I just keep repeating to myself.......only about 15 more years......
Same here Lainey...
Old 09-27-2004, 04:33 AM

Okay, gang, I'm trying not to panic but because I had students, I couldn't pick up my car from the dealership this Saturday so I had my brother do it for me. It was in for regular maintainance and an oil change (getting ready for FC04). I just happened to look at the invoice that came back and it said that the tires had been rotated. Now I remember reading somewhere on this board that you couldn't rotate the tires front to back. So, until the dealership opens today, could someone assure me that they knew this and just rotated them side to side? Am I remembering correctly on the rotation thing?
Old 09-27-2004, 04:50 AM

Each tire is specific to its original corner. They cannot be moved front to rear as the sizes are different (fronts are smaller than rears), and they cannot be moved side to side as that would reverse the rotation of the tire, which is a Very Bad Thing.

The only way our tires could be rotated is if they are dismounted from the wheels, and installed on the opposite side wheel with the rotation set to be the same. In other words, the left rear tire would move to the right rear location, and what was the outside-facing sidewall of the tire would become the inside-facing sidewall.

Quick way to check is to look at the sidewalls. There is an arrow indicating the rotation direction, and the tire size is also listed. If the rear tires are smaller numbers than the fronts, or if the arrows go opposite to what the rotation is, get the shop to fix it immediately.

Drive as little as possible until you get it fixed; running the tires in reverse rotation can damage them and could be dangerous in wet conditions.

Quick Reply: ***Official Vintage "Shoot the Breeze" Thread!***