S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Yellow Box in a '06-'07?

Old 11-09-2007, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Box in a '06-'07?

Okay...I tried to install a YB on my07 and I noticed the wire colors have changed.
Anyone else noticed?
I could just splice into the wire at the sensor but I wanted to do it under the dash so I wont have to run a wire from under the car. I will if I must.
Here are the colors i found on the VSS from top to bottom:
Yellow/Blue stripe
Blue/White stripe
Green/Yellow stripe

Also, when I got under the dash I looked for a Green/Yellow wire, thinking this might be the right wire, and it does come into C101 but changes color when it comes out. Whats up with that? I dont think it matters but still Id like to know which is the right colored wire under the dash. Anyone?

Oh, also, I had to clean up to go to class and I FORGOT to connect the VSS back on and was reading 0 mph all the way to Valencia and NO miles added...nice! Kinda, because my power steering was shut off about 10 miles into the drive. Why? Our cars have a variable pressure steering to make it easier at low speeds and harder at high speeds for more control. Anyway, the car felt old school, like a race car, i can feel every little bump on the road. I wouldnt recommend this but it did save me miles!

Another thing, has anybody calibrated their YB to less than what they have to read less mph to SAVE miles? Or is this a dont ask dont tell topic? Cause Im thinking about it.

Thanks for reading all this.

Peace.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by pemex70,Nov 9 2007, 09:43 AM
Okay...I tried to install a YB on my07 and I noticed the wire colors have changed.
Anyone else noticed?
I could just splice into the wire at the sensor but I wanted to do it under the dash so I wont have to run a wire from under the car. I will if I must.
Here are the colors i found on the VSS from top to bottom:
Yellow/Blue stripe
Blue/White stripe
Green/Yellow stripe

Also, when I got under the dash I looked for a Green/Yellow wire, thinking this might be the right wire, and it does come into C101 but changes color when it comes out. Whats up with that? I dont think it matters but still Id like to know which is the right colored wire under the dash. Anyone?

Oh, also, I had to clean up to go to class and I FORGOT to connect the VSS back on and was reading 0 mph all the way to Valencia and NO miles added...nice! Kinda, because my power steering was shut off about 10 miles into the drive. Why? Our cars have a variable pressure steering to make it easier at low speeds and harder at high speeds for more control. Anyway, the car felt old school, like a race car, i can feel every little bump on the road. I wouldnt recommend this but it did save me miles!

Another thing, has anybody calibrated their YB to less than what they have to read less mph to SAVE miles? Or is this a dont ask dont tell topic? Cause Im thinking about it.

Thanks for reading all this.

Peace.
I'd say your last comment won't be well-received, but yes, it occurred to me that it could be used in that manner if you were willing to commit odometer fraud. But cleeeearly that isn't something you just posted on the internet *cough* *cough*

I haven't installed a YB because my cluster was replaced with one that read lower that my previous, so I'm using the 4.77 gear and not speedo adjustment to let it catch up. The crossover point between actual and dash reading should happen in about 40,000kms. I could install the YB and just up it like CRAZY to make it catch up faster, but right now I have a speed reading that is close enough to real, and at cruising I just adjust it roughly in my head to reality.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 AM

Ah, buying a diff cluster with less miles...interesting. Thats another way. But your doing the 'good deed' by letting it 'catch' up, right.
That works as well.

I installed 4.44's so the diff isnt much, Ive prob lost about 30+ miles over the past 2 weeks so its not bad. Like u said, I can judge my speed by my rpm's and traffic but I do like to know exactly what Im doing. That has been working for me at the moment but I do need to install the YB box soon. I dont want to lose more miles and get out of my factory warranty early.

Anyone spliced into the wires under the dash on a '06-'07? What are the wire colors now?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:05 AM

PEMEX70 I sent you PM regarding your issue. I had troubles on my 06 when I did this one of the wires change color. Hope the info helps.

Swiftoy
Old 11-09-2007, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Swiftoy,Nov 9 2007, 12:05 PM
PEMEX70 I sent you PM regarding your issue. I had troubles on my 06 when I did this one of the wires change color. Hope the info helps.

Swiftoy
Now thats why I like these forums!

Thanks! this does clarify a bit more what Im trying to do.

Thanks!