S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

wire tuck started

Old 09-03-2014, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wire tuck started

i love how clean a tucked bay looks so i have decided to take my time and get it started.. please keep the rude and bs comments and flaming to yourself and hit the back button.. please feel free to educate me as this is my first tuck - if im screwing things up. i will upload pics asap but be patient very busy with work not much time on the work week to get stuff done.. car is an o1 and has had the battery unhooked and car is on jackstands - for safety.

first i labeled and removed the entire harness from the passenger side and pulled it back inside car
purchased a harness from a local salvage yard for 40 bucks
removed all of the oem tape, zip ties and loom
removed all the plugs used in the tuck with as much wire as i could leave attached
installed the donor plugs with a few feet of wire
ran the wires through holes and set up the path in which the would go
removed all the loom, and tape on the harness currently still attached under the dash ( which i never removed )
using a right angle drill i punched a hole through the body in the passenger foot well area
i lost the mounting location for the plastic kick panel - hopefully it wont be a mistake..
pushed all the wiring back through my new hole and into the area behind the fender
making sure the colors matched ( since i used a harness out of an o8 - not all wires match but 95 percent will be the same )
stripped, soldered, and shrunk wrapped every wire
relocated the fuse box to the passenger footwell
fabricated a plate for the showa gold box to mount to - using a factory bolt location to avoid drilling, welding, or screwing..
mounted the showa box in fender area - in the same position it was under the hood.

so thats it so far - all wires are the same gauge and nearly all match in color, all are soldered and shrunk wrap. i am fabricating a battery tray but may change to an oddessey battery setup as the oem battery is small - but huge when your stuffing it into a small area.. still have yet to extend the hot wire from the pass side fusebox.. it runs under the windshield wipper cover.. any input?? anything to know.. yes i have googled, yes i have looked at many forums.. too much bs - opinions and smack talk.. please inform me if im gonna ruin anything or things i need to be aware of. thanks in advance!