S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

wire tuck help with alt and starter wires

Old 04-02-2014, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wire tuck help with alt and starter wires

Ive almost completed my wire tuck as well as battery relocation, ive also decided to remove my passenger airbag and tuck the large engine bay fuse box in that space and tucked the smaller engine bay fuse box inside of the fender.i am assuming the smaller fuse box powers the starter and the larger fuse box powers the alternator.and now im trying to figure out if there is a way to run one power wire from the smaller fuse box to carry power to both starter and alternator without having to run a power wire out of the larger fuse box now located under my passenger airbag cover on the dash.im currently using 0gauge wire from the trunk where the battery is now located to a distribution block where ive used 4gauge wire to connect to the large fuse box under the airbag cover.ive used another 4gauge wire from the distribution block to the smaller fuse box in the fender and intended on running a 4gauge wire from the smaller fuse box to the alternator and then jumping the connection from the alternator to the starter.any help or information would be well appreciated thank you
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Much Sentences.

Such Punctuation.

Very Periods.

Many Organization.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanksartell
Much Sentences.

Such Punctuation.

Very Periods.

Many Organization.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

that hurt me.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 AM

Received 242 Likes on 181 Posts

Begs the question, "why has he done all this?"
Old 04-02-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Warbucks after reading your post it sounds like you already have this figured out... what are you asking specifically?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt

To impress some stranger in a parking lot on Friday night.......

Pulling the passenger airbag and risking the life of anyone who rides with him to impress someone with tucked wiring is not something I'd recommend.......a person's life is worth more than that......
Old 04-03-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jetboater
Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt' timestamp='1396456553' post='23093487

To impress some stranger in a parking lot on Friday night.......

Pulling the passenger airbag and risking the life of anyone who rides with him to impress someone with tucked wiring is not something I'd recommend.......a person's life is worth more than that......

I too have done a wire tuck. It was an awful decision. It looks nice but not worth the headache.

The airbag idea is a horrible one. Not worth risking injury to someone in an accident.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one rides passenger in my vehicle. And ive done this all because I love building custom cars and fabrication, im not going to knock what someone else is passionate about.I wanted something different point blank.and specifically I want to know if I can run a power wire from the larger fuse box to the starter directly then jump to the alternator or do I have to run the power wire from the smaller fuse box where I came from originally?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

run power wire from battery to starter. run power wire from alternator to battery. if u moved battery to trunk, do not run power from alt to fuse box, go battery to fuse box. if u do from alt to fuse box, the alt will not charge the battery well and the engine electric will take all the alt power. the little fuse box you were talking about for the starter i deleted. air pump power and eps power goes through that also. i deleted air pump crap and ran the power eps wire from battery and added my own 70 amp fuse holder.

Quick Reply: wire tuck help with alt and starter wires