S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Will race fuel help power/tq in stock s2000?

Old 04-09-2006, 04:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RACER,Apr 9 2006, 08:19 PM
This goes both ways.
Don't be daft. If you had to disprove every cockamammy theory put forward by ignorant punters you'd never get anything done. Do I have to prove that Mugen oil filters don't improve throttle response just because I know that they don't? If someone believes in santa do I have to perform a complete aerial scan of the North Pole before I say I don't?

You put a theory forward, the onus is on you to prove it or back off. I guess it also MIGHT make monkeys fly out your butt. Can you disprove it? There are enough bullsh!t forums out there full of misinformation without making this another one. I bet they'd appreciate Stito's membership fees.

And there is nothing lighthearted about blatantly calling someone a wanker. It's rude, insulting and a personal attack which is against the rules of this forum. Call someone a wanker where I come from and you'll be smiling through broken teeth.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:14 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Before you are going to that track event check the throttle cable slack and adjust it if necessary
Do a search for "throttle cable slack" to read about it
IF adjustment is needed you WILL find a better throttle response at $0 cost (IF you can do it yourself)

fixed a typo
Old 04-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Former Moderator

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Apr 9 2006, 07:51 AM
Don't be daft. If you had to disprove every cockamammy theory put forward by ignorant punters you'd never get anything done. Do I have to prove that Mugen oil filters don't improve throttle response just because I know that they don't? If someone believes in santa do I have to perform a complete aerial scan of the North Pole before I say I don't?

You put a theory forward, the onus is on you to prove it or back off. I guess it also MIGHT make monkeys fly out your butt. Can you disprove it? There are enough bullsh!t forums out there full of misinformation without making this another one. I bet they'd appreciate Stito's membership fees.

And there is nothing lighthearted about blatantly calling someone a wanker. It's rude, insulting and a personal attack which is against the rules of this forum. Call someone a wanker where I come from and you'll be smiling through broken teeth.
Well put.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well it will defenitly add power if you going to add it into a stock car. What's going to happen is that if you put close to 110 octane in your car your going to burn up your stock CAT. This will give you a free flowing CAT which will increase throtle response(Yes I said "will"), and perform pretty much like a test pipe which we all know gives good gains to an S(far more then just adding n exhaust).

Old 04-09-2006, 09:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

On topic. This was done 4 years ago. We saw 16 horsepower returned that otherwise would be lost to the ECU retarding the timing. Is a big benefit in that way.
You must reset the ECU or the old retards will remain. Without the reset it will take a tank or two to get the max benefit.

My stock S with 91 octane 222rwhp. My stock S with 100 octane and ECU reset 238 rwhp. My stock S with 100 octane and a Mugen ECU (that likes octane) gave 241 rwhp same day.

Higher octane can have an effect.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Apr 9 2006, 10:03 AM
Well it will defenitly add power if you going to add it into a stock car. What's going to happen is that if you put close to 110 octane in your car your going to burn up your stock CAT. This will give you a free flowing CAT which will increase throtle response(Yes I said "will"), and perform pretty much like a test pipe which we all know gives good gains to an S(far more then just adding n exhaust).

You theorys are incorrect .

100+ oct does not burn hotter it actually burns cooler . The reason why cats get destroyed is because race gas and aviation fuel are leaded . They do make a 99oct unleaded that they sell around the track here.

----

On most cars you can actually lose power as it is harder to ignite race fuel . Like stated earlier the BTU level of 87 is higher than say 93 . High oct fuel is only there to prevent detonation or preignition, It is not a power adder . If you have a car that is retarding the timing because of preignition then you would see benefits in higher oct.

Things that cause the ecu to retard timing .

Knock ( which can caused by the item below )
Air temp .
poor fuel or to low Octane
coolant temps
To hot of sparkplug
Hot spots created by over fueling and carbon deposits on the pistons and valves.
Hot oil getting past the rings

If you want to try fuel , Just stick with the VP 99 unleaded . It should help you run more consistent as we know the S doesn't like being heat soaked. Don't expect any miracles .

Sideways showed benefits , We are not sure what all the variables are all we know is he said stock . Was the ECU reset for the first runs on 91 ? Also he would see more gains than say me on the eastcoast as we have 93 on tap as our premium unleaded . Would he have seen the same gains at say 93 or 95 ?Sideways I know you said you did this years ago but do you by chance have the OBD logs of the pull to see what the ECU was actually doing ( I would be interested in a look ) ? We have seen different power output just by switching fuel brands . Different formulas do burn differently .

This is not intended as a argument just as a thought and a correction to some beliefs . Do as you will with it

Back to rule # 1 , you engine is a air pump .
Old 04-09-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Apr 9 2006, 10:31 AM

You theorys are incorrect .

100+ oct does not burn hotter it actually burns cooler . The reason why cats get destroyed is because race gas and aviation fuel are leaded . They do make a 99oct unleaded that they sell around the track here.
Lead is not friendly to a CAT, and it really doesnt like o2 sensors.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Apr 9 2006, 05:51 AM
If you had to disprove every cockamammy theory put forward by ignorant punters
The person you originally quoted said "maybe"

Do I have to prove that Mugen oil filters don't improve throttle response just because I know that they don't?
This is just plain dumb.

If someone believes in santa do I have to perform a complete aerial scan of the North Pole before I say I don't?
Of course you wouldn't have to perform a complete aerial scan of the North Pole. What does this have to do with the price of egg's in Egypt?

You put a theory forward, the onus is on you to prove it or back off.
The onus is on you to dis-prove it. Besides, I never put a theory forward, I was simply providing a non bias opinion.

I guess it also MIGHT make monkeys fly out your butt. Can you disprove it?
Grow up AusS2000

There are enough bullsh!t forums out there full of misinformation without making this another one.
Stito gave an opinion, but included the word "maybe" which insinuated he was not 100% sure. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as well as yourself. If you did not agree with what Stito had to say, it is well within the boundarys to disagree with stito and state why it is you disagree. That is what makes the forums go around. Instead, you belittle this person

Keep in mind AusS200, not everyone is as smart and intelligent as you are.

I bet they'd appreciate Stito's membership fees.
I bet they would

And there is nothing lighthearted about blatantly calling someone a wanker. It's rude, insulting and a personal attack which is against the rules of this forum.
Wanker is just a word. Maybe Stito did not know what wanker meant and did not know the extent of the word. I honestly don't think Stito meant to offend you. It all depends on how words are used. Words can be funny, words can also hurt people as is evident of your poor demeanor.

Maybe Stito shouldn't have called you a wanker, but does that give you the right to call him ignorant, stupid and to belittle him? Two wrongs do not make a right.

Call someone a wanker where I come from and you'll be smiling through broken teeth.
What's with the violence? Where I come from you would wind up with a hole in your head, but I don't go bragging about it.

Your supposed to be a community organizer but you go around belittling people and making threatening comments
Old 04-09-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Apr 9 2006, 07:54 AM
Well put.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The person you originally quoted said "maybe"
Actually he said might. But that is how dumb rumours start.

This is just plain dumb.
Prove it!

[QUOTE]Of course you wouldn't have to perform a complete aerial scan of the North Pole.

Quick Reply: Will race fuel help power/tq in stock s2000?