S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

wierd hum noise

Old 07-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wierd hum noise

OK here is my question.

I lowered my car about 6 months ago.... no problems yet..... at least that I can tell.

this just started to happen about 2 weeks ago....it was such a minute noise that I did not pay attention to it, But recently I have noticed that it is getting a little louder.

Anyway when I am in a parking lot and turning (either left or right) when the steering wheel is in either (left or right) turning position (approximately 2 o'clock) it makes this light humm noise from the front (steering column) It sounds as if I have to lube the chassis but from what I know this car has no fittings.... or so they?

And yes, I did check my power steering fluid, it is OK.

Anyone else get this?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
Old 07-17-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

You checked your Power Steering Fluid? And it's Okay? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

The S2000 doesn't have hydraulic power steering. It has electronic power steering. You may want to pop the hood and have someone turn the wheel while you listen.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,Jul 17 2006, 03:24 PM
And yes, I did check my power steering fluid, it is OK.
OK, now this just showed that this thread is a complete joke.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

It is so nice to know that the national s2k community is so quick to bag on someone because he worded something wrong.....

OK let me try again, I just got my car looked over with all of the fluids, so naturally I assumed that this wouldn't be an issue.

Mr. Viper What I think is a complete joke is your sense of human consideration, I have read your posts in the past and you seemed to be a very nice/ informative guy who was considerate of others feelings, but in you recent posts
(within the last year or two) you just seemed plain rude like all of the people asking you for advise just got to your head.

I am sorry I will never ask you a question again, for I will be afraid of being bashed by our community role models.

Regards,

Alex

Old 07-17-2006, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,Jul 17 2006, 03:57 PM
OK let me try again, I just got my car looked over with all of the fluids, so naturally I assumed that this wouldn't be an issue.
What they are joking about is, the car has no power steering fluid.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,Jul 17 2006, 05:57 PM
Mr. Viper What I think is a complete joke is your sense of human consideration, I have read your posts in the past and you seemed to be a very nice/ informative guy who was considerate of others feelings, but in you recent posts
(within the last year or two) you just seemed plain rude like all of the people asking you for advise just got to your head.
Then I invite you to have a real good laugh because you have me mistaken for someone who gives a shit. I've helped more people on this board than you have flushed your toilet. And through all this over the past 5 and a half years, I get more and more people who either demand my help and not give the proper details to begin with or who have not given so much as a after I've helped them. You want help? Put is in a way that would make sense and show that you are serious. Otherwise, my patience with the "human condition" got burned up the last time someone flamed me for trying to help.
Oh, you don't have to worry about me anymore. I'm about to click that little button in your post "IGNORE". You can get bashed and helped by somebody else. It ain't gonna be me. Your skin is just too thin.
Buh-Bye.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned

HMmmmmm, If I remember correctly I allways called you Master Viper and allways say"thanks in advance for your help" "please" "thanks" and so on. so whatever, and if I recall correctly this thread was not titled "please help Xviper"

I did not pay the member fee to join this community to get bashed by you or others.

If you look in my earlier PM's to you, or anyone, I allways initiate the conversation with a or "Hows everything been" and am not rude/ demanding what so ever.

I understand that you are a pretty inteligent guy, but you should use those smarts and take a gander at your PM's and actually see that I am not demanding of information.

BTW:
Old 07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Where has "bashing" taken place on this thread?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:52 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just because you have the "Proper" colour I'll give you my 2 cents:
You mentioned you lowered the car, now 6 months later you notice a hum from the front when steering to the max.

Maybe the springs settled and you get a slight tire rub @ full steering lock?

*start sarcasm* because the power steering fluid is recently checked it works so well it pushes the steering just a bit further then it did before *end of sarcasm*

IMHO I payed to be a member just because I wanted too.
Not to exclude me from "being bashed" after making a slight "not really knowing what I talk about" comment.

Anyway.. I hope you find something that solves your problem.
And I also hope you share it with us.
Paying Members or Guests.

Quick Reply: wierd hum noise