S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Wierd, car wont start!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd, car wont start!

So I drove the car last night and parked it. This morning go out to start it and nada. Its not a dead battery, all the internal lights etc work fine and a jump from another car didnt do anything. It doesnt even sound like the starter is engaging... After reading this threat https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=468415&hl= I tried to put it in gear and roll it forward a little bit... no dice, feels like its hitting a bump or something... dunno.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

First, we need to understand what is actually happening. When you say the car didn't do anything, to me that means that it doesn't even click when you press the start button. If that's the case, then you need to check the electrical circuit to your starter.

Unless you tell us what the symptoms are, we can't help you. If you're getting a click and you can't jump or push start it (assuming you picked a high gear, like 5th or 6th), you could have a hydrolocked engine.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Might want to consider a problem with the immobilizer as well...............

Utah
Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 PM

Most importantly, what was the weather temp. The reason my car didnt start is b/c it was -5 degrees when i tried to start it. THen later in the day, it started up for me.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you pushing the clutch down?

Pressing the start button?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:45 AM

i know a guy that couldn't start his car, but it turned out his carpeting bunched up behind the clutch pedal and he wasn't fully engaging it so the car wouldn't start.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Similiar thing happened to a New England member...we were not able to figure out the Why, but after walking through the basics, he disconnected his battery for a few minutes, reattached and restarted like nothing happened.

He had just driven it to work in the morning....we think the immoblizer had something to do with it.

He was cranking though....I see that you are not. Check all Fuses? Under hood too?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 PM

Sorry to bring back an old thread but has anyone solved this problem. I have the same problem which I thought went away but I was unable to start my car today.

I have searched s2ki but without any luck. My problem is my car won't start when I push the clutch and start button. Radio, lights, head lights, high beams all work. However when the key is in the 2nd position, my dash does not light up. When I push the start button there is no crank and no click. Anyone with suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried replacing the battery? If it's low, it may have enough power to operate the lights/radio etc. but not enought to turn the engine.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:24 AM

Okay, so I took my battery to Autozone and they help test the battery. The battery tested out good. The Autozone worker told me that it could possibly be my starter or alternator. Does anyone have any insight on how I could test either of these to see if their working properly? I'm not that handy and don't have tools.

Quick Reply: Wierd, car wont start!