S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Why is it Comptech can.....when Vortech Can't.....

Old 10-18-2003, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not just a VAFC, then, eh?
Old 10-19-2003, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's question. If Vortech is just as good or better than Comptech, why is it that some Honda dealers will install the Comptech for you so as not to void you're factory or extended warrentee? Will they also install the Vortech?

Not making an observation, just a question....I'd like to supercharge one day and I'm just planning ahead.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by Mr Hat
Here's question. If Vortech is just as good or better than Comptech, why is it that some Honda dealers will install the Comptech for you so as not to void you're factory or extended warrentee? Will they also install the Vortech?

Not making an observation, just a question....I'd like to supercharge one day and I'm just planning ahead.
There is still some speculation as to whether or not it is the Honda warranty that is preserved with such an "authorized" install. I believe that it is an agreement between the authorized dealer and Comptech to give you some sort of warranty in the event that something goes wrong. I highly doubt this has anything to do with Honda corporate. Try going to a "non-authorized" dealer with a warranty claim on a Comptech car and see what happens.
So why don't they reach a similar agreement with Vortech? Maybe Vortech doesn't want to?
Also, you have to look at the COST of an authorized dealer installed Comptech and see just how much this thing costs to install. Do you not think that with the ADDED cost over what anyone else could pay a tuner shop to put on a Vortech, that perhaps you've just paid for an aftermarket extended warranty?
Old 10-25-2003, 08:55 AM

Okay, I was at the Honda dealer yesterday and got into a conversation with a women who worked there (somewhat high up I believe) and she also was an S2K enthusiast. I mentioned Supercharging and her relply was that yes you can supercharge the S2k, I asked about my warrentee and she said "As long as Honda does the work, you're warrentee is covered, no change." She didnt mention any specific supercharger, all she said was that you have to bring the parts to them and have them install it to maintain you're warrentee. Next time I'll ask if it has to be a specific kind. If it doesnt, Ill probably go with Vortech because it seems like people are saying that they are getting a little better performance out of it and that its slightly cheaper. Just thought I'd share with you all. If you already knew this, disregard.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:35 AM

Its not just superchargers, my local dealer told me that with any aftermarket part as long as I still have a warranty remaining and I bring it to them to install then I will have not voided my warranty with that particular dealer and they will agree to service it under an "in house warranty" agreement between them and the customer. This involves a SC or a ecu or brakes or a header which are from what I know to be the major mods that void a warranty in Honda's eyes. Bringing it to another dealer will not result in warranty coverage. They said you have to bring it to them and them alone, only when your warranty expires you can go elsewhere.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:38 PM

HEY! How come you're stealing my avatar?
Old 10-26-2003, 11:36 PM

xviper twin
Old 10-27-2003, 01:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
HEY!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
HEY!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoralDoc

Quick Reply: Why is it Comptech can.....when Vortech Can't.....