S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Who wants more BOOST from VORTECH???

Old 09-13-2002, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wants more BOOST from VORTECH???

We are a demand driven company and I wanted to know who(if anyone) was demanding more boost. We would be willing to make smaller pulleys if people were interested. This would NOT be an official Vortech upgrade. It will NOT be in kit form. We are simply making a part you can buy to make MORE POWER Just a warning: if you decide to increase the boost you should add injectors, tuning and other things to make the motor safer under high boost. The charger/aftercooler setup can make a lot more power but the high compression motor is going to be your limiting factor. increase boost at your own risk That being said, how much more boost do you want??

For example, +2psi,+3psi ect...

Trevor
Old 09-13-2002, 03:06 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

If the standard pulley is 5", what sizes are you offering? One or two more pounds boost at top end would be nice so we see 8 psi instead of 6.5 or 7 as the kit is now.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:09 PM

The pulley size would depend on how many more psi you wanted. We would have to do some calculations to figure that out. I was just trying to collect some info so that we make what you need. Thanks.

Trevor
Old 09-13-2002, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more is always better. i am sure people would like a range of pulleys. Guys would wanted to change internals could get a pulley that doubled the boost ect. I can't believe a pulley would be that expensive to make. I think a whole line of pulleys would be cool.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:26 PM

Silly question what psi does this specific supercharger top out at rpm dependent, as the S spins very high it would be interesting to see the max PSI of the unit.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by StormBringer
Silly question what psi does this specific supercharger top out at rpm dependent, as the S spins very high it would be interesting to see the max PSI of the unit.
the maximum psi of the blower can put out efficently has nothing to do with how fast the engine spins. you can always use gears/pulley ratios to spin it as fast as possible. In another engine you would just have use a different pulley set. the size of the pulley would just be different for say a mustang or something like that.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:18 AM
cbb

Is 6.5 to 7 the highest PSI you can go without having to do internal work???? Is it possible to move to the 8 to 8.5 range without having to open up the engine??
Old 09-14-2002, 09:53 AM

Trevor I would like to up the boost on my Vortech kit by 2 psi sometime in the near future.

I would like 10psi before the cooler and 8psi after. That would also probably bring the boost at 4000 up from 1psi to about 2psi which would be really nice.

Name your price, I want whatever size it would take to do that. I think anything more than that, and I will have to go to a stand alone fuel management system, new injectors, pistons/compression ratio, etc, and I don't know that I want to go down that path(yet )
Old 09-14-2002, 10:04 AM

Im with Jenner, An extra 2 PSI is about all I would want to try without going to some serious fuel mods. I would definately be interested in the 2 PSI upgrade though.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:14 AM

I agree with the 2PSI under 4000 RPM's comment. Anything to get it to boost a little earlier in the powerband

Quick Reply: Who wants more BOOST from VORTECH???