S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Where do these plugs under the headlights go?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do these plugs under the headlights go?

What's up everyone, I'm new here to s2ki, I just bought my first s2k a few days ago and I'm trying to sort out the little details on the car. Underneath the drivers headlight there are 3 plugs that are disconnected, and under the passenger headlight there is 1 similar plug disconnected. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me where they're supposed to go plugged into? And also what those control units under the headlights are for?

In this first picture the male plug with the pins sticking out (yes it's partly cracked/broken) is coming directly out of the gold plated unit on the top. In the other pictures are the rest of the plugs which are all female. I'm assuming the male plug is supposed to go into one of those female plugs, but there's 2 and I don't know which one it would be. And on the passenger side picture with the CAI, there's no other male plug that I can see to where that one hanging would plug into.

The car's a 2001 if it makes any difference, I'd appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

The driver's side, that is Connector B for the Air pump relay.

The passenger side, it is hard to tell what color the wire is. All of the wires on that leg of the harness connector to the headlight, with two exceptions. The orange connector goes to the ABS sensor, and the other gray connectors goes to the radiator fan. By the looks of it, that is the radiator fan connector.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Apr 8 2010, 02:09 PM
The driver's side, that is Connector B for the Air pump relay.

The passenger side, it is hard to tell what color the wire is. All of the wires on that leg of the harness connector to the headlight, with two exceptions. The orange connector goes to the ABS sensor, and the other gray connectors goes to the radiator fan. By the looks of it, that is the radiator fan connector.
I was able to trace the other 2 plugs and they were part of the aftermarket alarm that was installed. Still I have no idea where those plugs would go anyway. But I was able to see the plug you mentioned and hook it up correctly. Thanks for the help