S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Where do I get an Oil Pressure Adapter Fitting?

Old 12-25-2003, 10:25 AM

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Where do I get an Oil Pressure Adapter Fitting?

I'm trying to mount an oil pressure gauge on my car, and I can't find the right sized oil pressure adapter anywhere. Ideally, I'd like to attach a braided hose at the current oil pressure switch location, then attach a tee at the other end of the hose so I can reinstall the stock oil pressure switch as well as the oil pressure sender for my gauge.

From a search I've found that the stock oil pressure switch has a 10mm x 1.25 pitch thread, but nobody seems to carry adapters or tees that I can use. I really like the way Xviper set up his oil pressure switch, but I'd like to attach the stock pressure switch remotely as well to minimize the chance of failure.

Can anyone tell me where I can get an adapter with a male M10 x 1.25 with a female 1/8" NPT? Also, does someone sell a tee fitting with just one M10 x 1.25 female socket to accept the stock oil pressure switch? And I'd like to get a braided hose shorter than the 3-foot long ones sold. Any ideas?
Old 12-25-2003, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by Hecash:
Are you sure that the pitch is 1.25 mm?
I'm not certain it's 1.25 pitch, but that's what I found posted by cjb80 when I did a search. I know that it is not 1.0 pitch because I bought an M10 1.0 pitch adapter, and it doesn't fit (I'm afraid to force it because I don't want to deal with stripped threads).

I'm sure that dozens of owners in the US/Canada have installed oil pressure senders. They must have bought their adapters somewhere.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I cannot tell you the thread in exact numerical terms. It's been a while. CJB phoned me a long time ago and I gave him the phone number to the speed shop here in Calgary. He contacted one of the guys there and bought 2 sets of everything. I think that you should be able to find a shop near that sells gauges and performance equipment that stock these things. Take your stock pressure sender with you along with the aftermarket sender. Match up the threads for the proper fittings. This is what I did. It can be very expensive to get them the way cjb did.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:47 PM

Thanks, Xviper for your reply. Unfortunately, I already did exactly what you suggested but with no luck. I took my stock pressure sender to a Jegs High Performance shop. They had tons of gauges, but the only metric adapter they had was M10 x 1.0 pitch (the one that I bought). Their book says that it fits other Hondas, but there was no call-out for the S2000. They didn't have any female adapters of that size to try it out on.

The threads on the stock sender are damn close to the one I bought, but the threads don't nest together when you put them up against each other.

This sounds like a great opportunity for one of our sponsors!!! Any takers? Otherwise, it looks like a local machine shop is going to make some money off of me.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

I'm not so certain the stock oil pressure sender's threads are metric. I believe that they are 1/8 BSP (british straight pipe) Which is very close to 1/8npt, but not a tapered thread form. I'm pretty certain that the Vortech supercharger oil feed instructions even state 1/8 bsp.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:17 AM

Originally posted by Slows2K: I'm not so certain the stock oil pressure sender's threads are metric. I believe that they are 1/8 BSP (british straight pipe) Which is very close to 1/8npt, but not a tapered thread form. I'm pretty certain that the Vortech supercharger oil feed instructions even state 1/8 bsp.
Thanks for your help, Slows2k. With your info I did some searching and I found a Napa dealer that was able to order a set of these couplings. They called it 1/8 28 BSP. The counter guy used a thread measuring tool and confirmed that it was definitely not metric.

I'll post my results when the couplings come in. Also, I just received a pm reply from cjb80 that confirmed that it was the british pipe thread.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hecash
Old 12-26-2003, 04:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just get one of these:

Old 12-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Former Moderator

Ya know, Iv'e said the exact same thing before, but nobody seems to listen.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or this....

My Greddy oil pressure uses a stainless hose from the source to the sensor. Sensor is hidden under the driver side strut tower which hooks up under the oil filter relocator. Then my turbo feed line is attached horizontally on the relocator. You can kind of see the lines.

Quick Reply: Where do I get an Oil Pressure Adapter Fitting?