S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

What would cause this?

Old 01-12-2006, 07:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll try to get some pics posted soon. I've been on the road most of the week and a bit slammed like most. The S is just camped out in the garage but I will roll her out and inspect further ASAP and perhaps post some pics. Thank you.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_RCKT,Jan 7 2006, 10:09 PM
A rock between the disc cover shield and disc is more from my 4x4 days. It is not impossible for a car to have it, but it is pretty rare.
I've gotten that when driving on gravel roads (in a car, but not my S2000).
Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 PM

Car finally went to the shop today. As you can tell from my description above mechanical things aren't my area of expertise. Apparently the guy that installed my calipers after I had them pc'd didn't do a few things correctly. A new bolt and couple adjustments and the shop says it'll be good as new. I'm putting on new pads while they're under there anyway thanks to Spugen.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:28 AM

Okay - here's what it was since I now have the car back and actually spoke to the mechanic that worked on my car.

1) It was the wheel bearing but it did not need replacing. It was a tad loose. The guy said that is highly unusual for a Honda product but he tightened up and there's no further issue.

2) Apparently the guys that I let work on my brakes before also broke one of the caliper bolts and replaced it with something that sort of fit vs. the actual OEM part. Not to clear on all of that but apparently the caliper wasn't quite in there right so they replaced the bolt and I had them go ahead and replace all of the pads and turn the rotors.

All seems well now and I'm very happy with the work the guys did including updating my oil bolts and a thorough inspection of the belts, hoses, etc. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:12 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope you will NEVER EVER! go back to the guys who just replace a bolt by "something that sort of fits ", especially on the brakes!

I just cant believe it

Anyway.. I hope you have fun driving your car.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:17 AM

It'll NEVER go back to those other guys EVER.

Just put some black chrome side emblems on and my old style Rick's S badges front and back. Zaino'd and she's looking almost brand new. Pretty good since she's 5+.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 1,338 Likes on 810 Posts

I was going to say axle nut right off the bat. I've been running into this problem more and more on the s2k. Rotational noises, resulting from a "not tight enough" axle nut.

So, when they tightened the axle nut, they also tightened the bearings. Check you axle nut. If you can find two staked areas, one old and one new, you can pretty much assume that was the problem.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:40 PM

Thanks Bill - how do you like your exhaust? I've heard good things about it but not heard it first hand. Would you do something different if you did it over? Supersprint, Competch, Mugen?
Old 02-12-2006, 02:45 PM

Received 1,338 Likes on 810 Posts

The only way I'd try something else is if I physically damaged mine. It took a long time to get and I'm very happy with it. Coupled with a test pipe, it's a whole new sound. The best thing is, even with the test pipe, there is absolutely NO drone at all.

IF I did it again, I'd try the Comptech.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:47 PM

That is awesome to hear. I have some safety things I want done first since I plan to track the car a bit (roll bar, harness, oil catch can, etc.) but an exhaust is on the to do list along with a test pipe. Which are you running? Berk?

Quick Reply: What would cause this?