S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

What tools/equip. do you keep in your S2K?

Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol @ the fix a flat owners...specially to the one guy who uses it just to pump the tire up after he uses an actual flat tire repair kit on it....dood get a lighter socket plug-in air pump...they're like 10 bucks and come with most car kits and hey you can RE-FREAKIN-USE it...what a novel idea specially when the fix a flat doesn't hold and a mile from your house you have another flat tire that if you could just refill it you'd make it home but awww you already used the can of fix a flat that sucks....besides isn't this what your SPARE TIRE is for anyway??? stop being a lazy a$$ and either put it on yourself or pay for AAA...they come out and put your spare tire on FOR FREE so you still don't gotta do anything. that and fix a flats not gonna come out with a flat bed when your car BREAKS DOWN...AAA will with the proper kind of tow truck too(remember to tell them when you call)...another benefit of having AAA is you don't waste all the weight by carrying tools around all the time...just get your car towed home..certain plans its free towing to your home within a certain distance...

i keep a small first aid kit(you never know when you could use a band-aide and i'd rather not bleed on my leather...)the air pump like i said incase my tires are low, an electronic digital tire pressure gauge(hey i like to be anal retentively accurate),a quart or two of oil(how can you not have this in your car?? these things are known to eat oil and your supposed to be checking the freakin oil at every gas fill...seriously wtf you call yourselves enthusiasts??? this is way more important than any tool my god),a flashlight, obviously cell phone but thats always in my pocket....who the hell buys a cell phone and leaves it in the car???i can see it now oh crap the batteries dead .... specially fitted foil sun visor to put on the dash when its sunny out, towel for checking oil, ice scrapers(its my DD), umbrella, insurance information(duh), spare tire and all stock tools/jack, hmmm oh yea i always carry pepper spray mace...it'll take down anyone and no long term effects that they can sue you for afterwards...like the burglar who fell through the skylight and sued for damages and won... damn sh!tty justice system...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well there is such a thing as "time is money" rain, sleet ,snow etc.
I will not be waiting for AAA to arrive at the promised 30-45minuites or even swap out the spare myself unless the tire has been demolished.
I'll use the Fix-a-Flat ,be on my way and have the tire permanetly fixed or replaced at my destination.
I guess it comes down to- how much aggrevation are you willing to take to preserve a $130 tire?.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:21 AM

I carry an extra qt of oil and a funnel plus a tire pressure thing.

I always have my cell on me, as well as a pair of gloves, hat/beanie/toboggan, a scarf and a small hairbrush.

Insurance/registration/license are standard, as is some Burts Bees for when I get chapped lips.

Spare in the tire well and tools in the tool well, plus I've got AAA through my insurance company.

not all neccessary, but they're all in there as standard I suppose I should carry jumper cables as well as a flashlight, but I very rarely take long trips at night, and when I do, there's a 99% chance I've got someone in the car with me.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by kill,Jan 16 2007, 01:19 PM
lol @ the fix a flat owners...specially to the one guy who uses it just to pump the tire up after he uses an actual flat tire repair kit on it....dood get a lighter socket plug-in air pump...they're like 10 bucks and come with most car kits and hey you can RE-FREAKIN-USE it...what a novel idea specially when the fix a flat doesn't hold and a mile from your house you have another flat tire that if you could just refill it you'd make it home but awww you already used the can of fix a flat that sucks....besides isn't this what your SPARE TIRE is for anyway??? stop being a lazy a$$ and either put it on yourself or pay for AAA...they come out and put your spare tire on FOR FREE so you still don't gotta do anything. that and fix a flats not gonna come out with a flat bed when your car BREAKS DOWN...AAA will with the proper kind of tow truck too(remember to tell them when you call)...another benefit of having AAA is you don't waste all the weight by carrying tools around all the time...just get your car towed home..certain plans its free towing to your home within a certain distance...

i keep a small first aid kit(you never know when you could use a band-aide and i'd rather not bleed on my leather...)the air pump like i said incase my tires are low, an electronic digital tire pressure gauge(hey i like to be anal retentively accurate),a quart or two of oil(how can you not have this in your car?? these things are known to eat oil and your supposed to be checking the freakin oil at every gas fill...seriously wtf you call yourselves enthusiasts??? this is way more important than any tool my god),a flashlight, obviously cell phone but thats always in my pocket....who the hell buys a cell phone and leaves it in the car???i can see it now oh crap the batteries dead .... specially fitted foil sun visor to put on the dash when its sunny out, towel for checking oil, ice scrapers(its my DD), umbrella, insurance information(duh), spare tire and all stock tools/jack, hmmm oh yea i always carry pepper spray mace...it'll take down anyone and no long term effects that they can sue you for afterwards...like the burglar who fell through the skylight and sued for damages and won... damn sh!tty justice system...

now if I had a trunk and method to hold all this shit in it, I'd carry a lot more. As it stands now, the area under the bottom lid is about full, with what I have. I'll consider the idea of the $10 pump - no idea they were that cheap.............. class act on your response, bro'... class act.... And band-aide's for a little bo-bo? awww.... Put a rag on it, some compression, and it'll stop bleeding............ unless you're anemic.

Everyone seems to carry oil........... I run the piss out of my car, track days included, and have yest to lose more than 3/4 qt between oil changes (2000 miles). Perhaps that will change with forced induction - not enough miles yet to tell.

Assuming the diameter of the spare (full size) front tire is the same as the rear, are there any fitment issues putting a front wheel on the rear for emergencies?
Old 01-16-2007, 05:10 PM

i keep my triple A card it weighs the least!
Old 01-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1. cell phone
2. Volk lug tool
3. hex key for Spoon silencer install/removal
4. scredriver and 10mm wrench to remove J's bumper if I have to have it towed.
5. rubbers--> self explanatory
Old 01-17-2007, 03:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kleecker,Jan 16 2007, 07:19 PM
Assuming the diameter of the spare (full size) front tire is the same as the rear, are there any fitment issues putting a front wheel on the rear for emergencies?
To reiterate what Harry said: In case of a rear flat, first mount the emergency spare on a front wheel and then mount the front wheel on the rear. The emergency spare is smaller in diameter (and width ) than the road wheels. The front wheel fits on the rear and is nearly the same diameter - this is so you do not damage the Torsen LSD.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by CoralDoc,Jan 17 2007, 07:04 AM
To reiterate what Harry said: In case of a rear flat, first mount the emergency spare on a front wheel and then mount the front wheel on the rear. The emergency spare is smaller in diameter (and width ) than the road wheels. The front wheel fits on the rear and is nearly the same diameter - this is so you do not damage the Torsen LSD.
yup - that's what the owner's manual says, but that is certainly not what was voiced by 'hecash', if that is who you are referencing as "Harry".

W.R.T. AAA, anyone belong to and organization which gets you discounted rates on AAA membership?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my S, I have the following:
In the trunk:
Stock spare tire, stock tool kit

Rubbermaid tool bag containing:
Self-charging LED flashlight
Ratchet set with
8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, and 19mm sockets
Wrench set with
8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, and 19mm wrenches
Screwdriver set with
multiple lengths and sizes of both Phillips and Standard screwdrivers
Locking lug key

Behind the driver's seat:
Microfiber towels
Quick detailer
Invisible Glass

Secret Compartment:
digital tire pressure gauge

When I go autocrossing, everything gets pulled out and put in a Rubbermaid tub that goes along but (of course) doesn't go on the track.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:28 AM

151 piece Craftsmen Tool Set. Plus odds and ends Oil and diff fluid.

Quick Reply: What tools/equip. do you keep in your S2K?