S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

What OEM Hardtop hardware am I missing? Please help!

Old 10-22-2013, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What OEM Hardtop hardware am I missing? Please help!

Hey guys, I need some help. I read a couple install guides and did a few searches but couldn't figure this all out yet. I picked up a used OEM hardtop that was on a MY07 and I have a MY07. This has IZZY Brackets and no OEM stuff. I'm not sure the year of the hardtop, but the defroster cable has 3 pins it looks like. I'm trying to figure out what parts I need to order from Hardtopguy or Honda to bring this back to OEM. It looks like I have the 'Hardtop Side Latches' already. Here's a list of other things I might need to order:

-Side Catchers w/ brushes w/ bolts ~$500
-Hardtop Strikers ~$70
-Rear Stoppers (Rubber things) ~$10
-Front Latches ~$210
-Defroster Wire Harness (Do I need this to get the defroster to work? I think I read somewhere it's discontinued)

What are 'Hardtop Spacer Cushions', 'Hardtop Front Clear Plastic Protector', and 'Garnish Side Hardtop'? Take a look at the pictures. It looks like the panel on the pillar is missing, what part is that? Maybe it's part of the side catchers? I'm not sure.

My S is in another garage cause I'm taking my sweet time doing the brakes, suspension, fluids, etc. Otherwise, I would try and reverse engineer what I'm missing here. Any help or any links to help me figure this out? Thanks again guys!

Alternate links to pictures:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../HT_inside.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../HT_pieces.jpg
Attached Thumbnails What OEM Hardtop hardware am I missing? Please help!-ht_inside.jpg   What OEM Hardtop hardware am I missing? Please help!-ht_pieces.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:01 AM
xoz

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everything you've listed is correct except don't really need:

-Hardtop Strikers ~$70
-Rear Stoppers (Rubber things) ~$10

Your 07 strikers are the same as far as I know.
Defroster cable is different from AP1 to AP2 (I think) because of the different centre console switches and wiring. You can usually source second hand. I have a defroster cable FS ($80) I think it's AP2. Here's the pics:

^ 2 pin & 3 pin

^^ Part number: 32204-S2A-0100

Hardtop Front Clear Plastic Protector', - is the clear tape that goes along the front just back from the edge. Often needs to be replaced when HT has been repainted.

and 'Garnish Side Hardtop' looks as though are the edging that finishes off the section edge of the HT roof lining. - pic 6 & 7

Pic 4 & 5:
Your pic of the hardtop is missing the side panels, not a part of the catches you will need to source separately. OEM rear catches with the defrost wire can usually be found in the classifieds.
If you want full OEM then get the stoppers (rubber things) for the soft top supports, not that expensive, they go on the 2 brackets at the base under the rear glass window.

My HT pics:

Extra shims for the front hard top latches ( x3 on each side) ( looks as though you only have 4) will come in handy for adjustments depending upon fittment, as are the rear latches shims as well. ( Middle bottom of my pic below, next to rear catcher)

Btw: FREE Plug :
this bnib set that comes with the Mugen ht is FS pm me if your interested, but it does not have the defroster wires on the rear catches or HT brushes - bottom 2 pics)
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...hardwares-kit/

Hope this helps

Old 10-22-2013, 01:52 PM

xoz, thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it! Been busy all day to go through it all.

Any idea what part number for the plastic panels on the pillar area? Maybe it's this?
84121-S2A-010ZA GARNISH ASSY., R. RR. PILLAR *NH167L* (GRAPHITE BLACK)
84171-S2A-010ZA GARNISH ASSY., L. RR. PILLAR *NH167L* (GRAPHITE BLACK)
It's in the group: ROOF LINING (HARDTOP)

As for the defroster cable, do I already have one running down my center console?? I think I only need the Y-cable (32204-S2A-305 SUB-WIRE, HARDTOP). The one you have is the cable to the hardtop, but I have that hanging off right there in my picture. I seems this Sub-Wire is not sold for 06-09 anymore. Kinda screwed there.

I'll have to go over it again later tonight after I get off work. I'll post if I have any more questions, the information so far is excellent. Maybe someone else can confirm and add some input as well.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

You might want to hit up the member called Euroboutique, he always has lots of used hardtop parts for sale at less cost of new, then just order the missing parts form hardtopguy. I've got a set of rear latches for sale that I bought as spare parts, but no catchers.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
You might want to hit up the member called Euroboutique, he always has lots of used hardtop parts for sale at less cost of new, then just order the missing parts form hardtopguy. I've got a set of rear latches for sale that I bought as spare parts, but no catchers.
Thanks, I sent a PM out. Hopefully these are the only pieces I'll need.

Eddie
Old 10-22-2013, 02:25 PM
xoz

Originally Posted by djeddiebear
xoz, thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it! Been busy all day to go through it all.

Any idea what part number for the plastic panels on the pillar area? Maybe it's this?
84121-S2A-010ZA GARNISH ASSY., R. RR. PILLAR *NH167L* (GRAPHITE BLACK)
84171-S2A-010ZA GARNISH ASSY., L. RR. PILLAR *NH167L* (GRAPHITE BLACK)
It's in the group: ROOF LINING (HARDTOP)

As for the defroster cable, do I already have one running down my center console?? I think I only need the Y-cable (32204-S2A-305 SUB-WIRE, HARDTOP). The one you have is the cable to the hardtop, but I have that hanging off right there in my picture. I seems this Sub-Wire is not sold for 06-09 anymore. Kinda screwed there.

I'll have to go over it again later tonight after I get off work. I'll post if I have any more questions, the information so far is excellent. Maybe someone else can confirm and add some input as well.

Thanks!
The pic I put up of the HT cable is the Y- cable, though it seems to have different numbering than what you quoted. What I can see in your pic is just the "stretchy" cable that plugs into the HT switch unit also in my 1st pic, this "stretchy" cable is a separate thing all together. You can see it coming out from my HT side panel. You should also have the cabling in place from the console back as this is also for your rear glass defrost. Same switch and power source, the Y cable powers to both HT and rear glass but no a same time, I think this is how it works.

Btw the "stretchy" cable plugs into the Hardtop socket (pic1) that then powers the defrost of the Hardtop and away or off for the rear soft top glass.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:48 AM

Looks like I got almost everything I need. I did a test fit and it looked gorgeous. I can't install the front latches because I don't have the screws/bolts that mount it to the hardtop. It looks like I need TWO 6x20 screws and TWO 6x25 Truss Screws. Hopefully they have this at lowes or home depot, then I can get this installed today! :
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. I only have 1 more question!

Is there a trim on the side between the headliner and metal above the windows? When getting into my car, I keep snagging the side of the headliner if I'm not careful. I know there's a weatherstripping where the window lines up to, but I'm talking about between the headliner and the metal of the hardtop. I'll try and get a picture up. Until then, here's a picture of the car now!

[attachment=49013:hardtop.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails What OEM Hardtop hardware am I missing? Please help!-hardtop.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by djeddiebear
Thanks for all the help guys. I only have 1 more question!

Is there a trim on the side between the headliner and metal above the windows? When getting into my car, I keep snagging the side of the headliner if I'm not careful. I know there's a weatherstripping where the window lines up to, but I'm talking about between the headliner and the metal of the hardtop. I'll try and get a picture up. Until then, here's a picture of the car now!
It might be number 6 on this picture: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...2a01_bop11.png

or http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/prod...&cat=92&page=1

Eddie
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 PM
xoz

From above pics, is your question directed at the trim #6 in the pic below? It's the piece that fits between the front latch and the outer trim (rubber seal #9)

Quick Reply: What OEM Hardtop hardware am I missing? Please help!