S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

What do you guys think is the problem here

Old 08-11-2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"there was some work done on suspension and end of driveshaft broke off possibly caused by overtorquing."

Did you do any work in this area or was this work done prior to you purchasing the car as part of the accident repair work? If so I'd definitely try to use the angle that this failure was due to the accident, an accident which the dealer failed to disclose the severity of to you prior to your purchase. I'd play it cool at first then progressively get more aggressive with the dealer as necessary up to the point of threatening legal action. This could have been a very dangerous incident that could have resulted in your injury. Of course 95% of dealers are the scum of the earth so you had better take a tub of Vaseline with you... and possibly find a lawyer.

Good luck man.

JeffA
Old 08-11-2004, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Av8ing1,Aug 11 2004, 06:00 PM
"there was some work done on suspension and end of driveshaft broke off possibly caused by overtorquing."

Did you do any work in this area or was this work done prior to you purchasing the car as part of the accident repair work? If so I'd definitely try to use the angle that this failure was due to the accident, an accident which the dealer failed to disclose the severity of to you prior to your purchase. I'd play it cool at first then progressively get more aggressive with the dealer as necessary up to the point of threatening legal action. This could have been a very dangerous incident that could have resulted in your injury. Of course 95% of dealers are the scum of the earth so you had better take a tub of Vaseline with you... and possibly find a lawyer.

Good luck man.

JeffA
It was done prior to purchasing, I never touched anything on the suspension
I was thinking about a lawyer as well.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try and identify (if you can) what work was done. Find out who did the work and get a reciept. If the car was whacked bad on this side, it may be a legitimate issue that wasn't fixed before, or fixed improperly.

I'm thinking like xviper, though, it sounds like normal pad squeak. I find it hard to believe that you would have this many problems and yet no other symptom, and whoever did the original work could have jacked it up that bad or missed so much. Or just not fixed it.

I would probably take it to an independent Honda repair shop for an analysis of just what is damaged if not just a competitive quote. It would not take much to identify if the problem was from an accident, poor workmanship, or just flat out not there.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isnt there like a lemon law? or does that only apply to new cars? BTW, i'd spare my self the leg work and take the car to the dealer you bought from, bring up the mis-disclosure, and let THEM do the leg work of fixing your car properly.