S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

What Do I Do????

Old 05-31-2004, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 bolts 4 washers.. in a zip lock bag.. i cant believe it would suck it riught up like that ..yeah he got it good.. but hes going to help me get those suckers out of there... im sure if i can get them out my warranty will still come thru for me..i dunno.. really wary of the outcome of this....
Old 05-31-2004, 10:22 AM

In for the pic or vid....

Sorry for your misfortune, but that is one of the funniest things I've ever read!!!

In all seriousness, until you've accounted for ALL pieces, DO NOT START YOUR CAR.

Perhaps you can get your intake manifold boroscoped or something, so they won't have to tear apart the engine
Old 05-31-2004, 10:29 AM
KLN

It almost sounds unreal that something like this would happen, but if it is really true

Was the bag in the airbox or tubing, because if it was in your airbox then wouldn't the filter prevent anything large from being sucked into the engine?

If the bag was in your tubing and it got sucked in, that doesn't sound very good at all. But, i would listen to what everyone has said and try to uninstall piece by piece to see if you can find it....
Old 05-31-2004, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to believe it would make it past the throttle body, but possible if it was fully opened.

Why was the engine even ON while installing an Intake? Keys shouldn't even be in the car when working on the engine.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully the bag just got stuck somewhere before the throttle body and didn't tear open!
Can't wait to hear the end result..
Old 05-31-2004, 12:39 PM

OMG I would kill him.... But again why the heck was he even starting the car. I mean come on... that's just dumb... what if you had your fingers in the wrong place...

This whole thing sounds a little fishy to me...

1. Your friend starts a car your presently working on trying to reinstall the stock airbox onto.
2. Your friend rev's the crap out of it for 15 seconds...
3. Some how you place the bolts for you airbox which are in a plasitc bag into the intake tube....
4. Which get sucked into the intake manifold, past the trottle body and the map sensor....
5. and yet nothing sounded bad....

I don't know bro that's has a lot of big holes in it. But lets just say that you really did have the bolts in a plastic bag, in the intake tube, when your friend started and rev'd the car(for 15sec ), only to have the bag get sucked into the intake manifold but not before getting past the trottle body and the map sensor....and yet you heard nothing bad come out of the motor? WOW! scary... I would have beat the crap out of him... but then again none of my friends are dumb enough to start the car that I have my hand in, while I'm working on it.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:16 PM

well heh.. i wasnt under the hood when he did it.. and i walked away for a moment and it was all said and done by the time i could get back over there.. it was full throttle rev'ng.. they are in their deep somewhere.. and i dont know what to think.. i got some friends that are mechanics.. im going to see if they cant get them out of there.. then see about the warranty taking over and them checking it all out.. it seems unreal.. but its absolutely true... they were in the box.. with NO filter on.. just the tube.. so.. full rev with open tube.. plastic bag.. with very little weight in it... sucked it right in like it was eating it for breakfast.. so im gonna be out of a little $$ to get it taken care of.. but i would rather shell out a hundred or 2 for this to be corrected.. then to lose my entire waranty.. especially when my clutch is already needing to be replaced.. ahhh it sucks.....
Old 05-31-2004, 02:54 PM

hope its okay!
Old 05-31-2004, 03:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by BLACKs2000kid
me and my friend are pretty handy around the engine..
That much is self evident.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your friend is an ass. Who is going to start a cold motor and rev at full throttle in neutral for 15 seconds? Kill your friend, replace him with a look-alike that has a brain.

Sorry about your misfortune. Good luck getting this resolved.

Quick Reply: What Do I Do????