S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

What Do I Do????

Old 05-31-2004, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do I Do????

okay.. i have a SERIOUS problem.. i was putting back on my stock air intake.. and i had a ziplock bag with the bolts and stuff in it.. and it was inside my airbox.. and my friend cranked it and rev'd my car.. and it sucked the ziploxk bag with the stuff in it.. down into the engine!!! what the helllll am i supposed to do my car was about to get some warranty work done because my clutch went out.. but what do i do about that sitaution.. will they fix that too??i dont know.. ive nver been in a more F'd uo situation in my liiife... help somebody...

Matt
Old 05-31-2004, 08:53 AM

Ok, disconnect the intake tube and pray that it is lodged in the throttle body. If you don't see it then you may have to take off your intake manifold and see if it's lodged in there. If you didnt hear anything f'd up sounding in your motor when it happened then you MAY be ok. Don't tell Honda about this, they may void your warranty or something. Fix this problem before you bring it there.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:56 AM

If the TB was closed, it SHOULD be still in the intake tube. If it was open, start saving.

Also check the map sensor and idle air circuit for debris as well
Old 05-31-2004, 09:06 AM

okay well.... i took the tube off.. i cant see it in the intake manifold.. i dont think i heard anything relaly messed up sounding.. would the bolts make it all the way down into like the pistons.. how do i get that intake manifold off.....and will i be able to take care of this.. i was already wanting to get some warranty work on my clutch .. i havnt even contacted them about my clutch.. so.. i am worried about this issue... because i cant afford to pay to fix all of this..so.. i need to get the ball rolling on this issue and try to fix it!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:13 AM

Whatever you do, don't start the car until you get the baggy out. If you have some mechanical skills then you should be able to do it yourself. You probably would have heard some nasty sounds if the bolts reached your pistons, so you may be ok. Order a Helms and get it over-nighted to your house if you are nervous about messing with it. Have you tried taking off your throttle body yet?
Old 05-31-2004, 09:24 AM

i havnt tried anything past taking off the intake completely and looking in to see...
me and my friend are pretty handy around the engine.. so if we take some time we can see.. if its not into the pistons we might can get them out.. but the baggy might have melted or something?? or maybe the bolts are too lon and they are lodged in the manifold somewhere i dunno..i guess im going to make a day of it today.. andsee about getting those little devils out.. ive been without my car for over a week now.. sucks.. and this is a majjor issue.. so.. all the advice helps..thanks
Old 05-31-2004, 09:32 AM

How long did you run the motor for? Did you drive it at all since then?
Old 05-31-2004, 09:34 AM

no it was sitting... my clutch has been out and i was just putting back on the stock intake..and my friend rev'd it up.. and i guess it sucked it right in.. but it was just like rev'ing up for like 15 seconds.. and id idnt really hear anything...besides loud rev'ing.. so.. i dunno..
Old 05-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Magnets are a good friend. I hope you didn't rip the bag.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did you beat the crap out of your friend.......????

Have you specifically identified all of the parts that were in the bag.......taken an inventory.......so you know exactly what you are looking for and what all has to come out before you are safe to run the car again.

Quick Reply: What Do I Do????