S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Weird Suspension Feeling

Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some one take a guess where to start looking?

The bushings are ok... my S as already changed the clutch? maybe something that was not tight right? i'm waiting for some new coils... the Amuse Bilsteins... maybe then i can figure it out!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:34 AM

I also get somewhat similar kinda feeling while TURNING on a bumpy road, but that's the characteristic of a stiffer suspension.
On a straight line, though.. I'm not sure.
I haven't felt anything like what the OP described.
My guess is that the alignment is out of whack.

Dan
Old 04-13-2007, 08:32 AM

Bring it to a reputable alignment shop. These guys deal with these problems every day. If you want to check something yourself, check the tires.

Any handling problem, the check list starts with tires. Check tires for air pressure as this has a big effect on handling. The wear pattern on the tires is useful for quick identification of suspension/alignment problems (feathering, cupping, etc.). Any problem with the chords (belts) or an imbalance will cause vibration.

Once tires are proven OK or replaced for known good ones, the alignment guy can put it up on the lift to check suspension for loose bushings, blown shocks or ball joints, bent link arms, etc.

If preliminary inspection is OK, they can install the instruments and find before / after alignment geometry.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by TugaS2k,Apr 13 2007, 09:55 AM
Some one take a guess where to start looking?

The bushings are ok... my S as already changed the clutch? maybe something that was not tight right? i'm waiting for some new coils... the Amuse Bilsteins... maybe then i can figure it out!
Changing things while you're trying to trouble shoot a problem is a bad idea, because it will only confuse the issue.

Are you trying to find this yourself? If so, get the car on an alignment rack and start at the back. If you're just wanting to get it fixed take it to a good alignment guy and he'll do it for you. He'll start at the back and work toward the front, repeatedly if necessary, until he finds the cause of the problem. If you're doing it yourself you're going to have to do basically the same thing. On the first pass look for things that allow more movement than they should. Odds are that either that check or the alignment check will expose the problem. If not, you'll have to dig deeper, and if you don't know where to start I have to strongly recommend (yet again) a good alignment shop.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 PM

Ok thanks for the reply's. I'm waiting for the new coils and then i will try to go to a shop to mount them and figure out the problem.

The preliminary check is ok... the Tires are A048... and they are almost new and the pressure is ok... i have a bad feeling about the suspension but the new ones are arriving so i will keep you posted.

for the help