S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Weird headlight issue

Old 04-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird headlight issue

Here's the story - I pulled out the front bumper and unbolted both headlights as I was trying to realign everything (previous owner installed carbon fiber fenders and aftermarket headlights and the fitment is off slightly), I unplugged a couple wires from the drivers side headlight to get more clearance and when I was done I plugged it all back in and bolted everything up. Silly me I forgot to check the lights and when I turn them on here's what happens - parking lights(angel eyes on my headlights) work fine, when I turn it on to low beam the drivers side light comes on but the passenger side doesn't. A light is emitted from where the high beam is on both sides but it's not high beam, much less brighter and then when I turn on the high beams only the drivers side beam works and the low light emitted on the passenger side dissapears. It's very weird and have absolutely no idea what's causing it. My passenger light fuse was blown and I replaced it this morning but it didn't change anything

Few notes -
The connectors behind the headlight all seem to have a yellow/pale grease in them
A little water came out when I was working on the passenger side (no idea where from)
Not sure if I put a wire in wrong? do they need to be installed in a certain direction?

It's so bloody annoying, I worked on the car for a good 4 hours yesterday only to get a sliiiiiiiight improvement with regards to fitting :/ bloody aftermarket parts - the brackets beneath the headlights don't even fit which creates a gap between the bumper and lower headlight. I've luckily got the stock fenders and brackets - just need to paint them up and hopefully will get them installed and then i'll have to source some oem headlights.

I HATE ELECTRICAL ISSUES haha...
Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could this be a polarity issue? One of the plugs I reinserted on the drivers side can be put in either way, didn't check this when reinstalling but could this be causing all the issues?