S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

We can rebuild it... we have the technology...

Old 01-20-2003, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I'm done with my part... Here's what it looks like:

It ain't pretty... but she'll be better in a week or so.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:18 PM

Very impressive. I'm so jealous, I wish I had a garage with enough space to undertake such a project. What do you do for a living BlackS2000? It still blows me away with the amount of knoledge on this board (real knowledge not kids throwing out numbers).

Rice
Old 01-21-2003, 03:51 PM

I'm a Project Manager for an electrical contractor. I have a background in electrical engineering as well as computer science and math from college. As for the size of my garage... I have all of about 2 1/2' on each side of the car and about 4' in front of it. Not exactly optimal working space but it suffices during the winter. I'm the kind of person who doesn't have enough sense not to do something. I just pull it apart and if it comes apart then it can go back together. I'm heading out to Ohio on Friday assuming Mike is able to complete the engine build. I'll keep all interested updated.
-BS2KT
Old 01-22-2003, 11:35 AM

lol, BlackS you sound a lot like me. Had a computer science, EE, and Physics background from school.....and I have tried unsuccesfully to fix my share of TVs, fax machines, vcrs, and even my playstation 2 It's not the electronics that get me on that stuff but the cheap casing techniques they use to make it very difficult to repair. They would rather you buy a new one then fix the old one. Well, good luck and I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Rice
Old 01-27-2003, 01:55 PM

Larry it looks like you did all of the work for mike, tranny bolts, engine mount bolts and that puppy is out. I wish that I had more customers like you.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:23 PM

Gernby- I am going to be installing the Hondata intake gasket as soon as it arrives. As I keep reading posts, I am finding there are a few things like elongating the support bracket holes and not using the nylon washers supplied with the hondata gasket. If there anything else unique with this gasket please let me know before we attempt the install. Thanks amillion, Phil
Old 01-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by VTECPHIL#6829
Gernby- I am going to be installing the Hondata intake gasket as soon as it arrives. As I keep reading posts, I am finding there are a few things like elongating the support bracket holes and not using the nylon washers supplied with the hondata gasket. If there anything else unique with this gasket please let me know before we attempt the install. Thanks amillion, Phil
I didn't look to see if I had already posted this, but you should definitely read this from beginning to end before starting. Marcucci discusses the issue in the beginning, then documents the install, then shows the results at the end.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:54 PM

Thanks for hooking me up with that very informative link. It is amazing the diff. in temps with the H/Data gasket. He listed some parts needed #185567 W-GASKET,MUFFLER
#212842W-WASHER (12MM)

Do you know if I need to order more than one of either? From reading, I gather there are 2 fuel rail crush washers, are these above part #'s for the set, or do I order duplicates? Todd wasn't specific on this in his article, and I don't want to short one washer! This is going to be a great help! Phil
Old 01-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Considering that the washers are going to be less than the shipping, I would order 2 of each anyway.

You can always send Marcucci a PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by geminiS2
GO BIONIC LARRY GO
LOL......

Quick Reply: We can rebuild it... we have the technology...