S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Water Outlet Cover

Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Outlet Cover

Hello everyone. I have been dealing with a small almost impossible to find coolant leak. After a long time searching I am pretty sure the issue is with the Water Outlet Cover. Its either the o-ring in it, or the hose that goes from the water pump to it where it clamps on. My question is, how do I get to the thing!?! My shop manual just says "Replace O-ring" it says nothing on how to get to the cover or how to get it off. I have seen other rightups for removing the cylinder head that say like step 19 remove Water Outlet Cover. So does anyone know how to get to just this part, hopefully without removing the entire intake manifold. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

You basically have to move and remove as many parts around and under the intake manifold as possible then you will start to see it with a flash light , then once you understand where it is you can start to put some tools on it.

Remove the intake air box, alternator, move the hoses around and under the intake manifold, move the throttle cable/cruise control cable, remove the bracket that sticks up on the abs motor, the hose for the egr valve or whatever they call it if it is an ap1, etc..... , pull the connector on the idle air control valve, and any clips on vacuum and water hoses under the manifold. Then get a pair of vicegrips on the hose clamp and wiggle it off, then pull off the hose, there are to 10mm bolts that hold the outlet cover onto the housing, still hard to access and you have to do a lot of it by feel and what you can see of the part.