S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Water may be in my engine

Old 11-26-2006, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water may be in my engine

I'm not sure it this is where this goes, but I know that there is water in my motor. White smoke poring from the tail pipes indicates that. I call my insurance company and it turns out that they are going to cover it. Well from the looks of it anyway. They want me to take it to a body shop to have a est. written up. But how does that work? There not going to open my motor up and look inside of it. So I'm really confused right now. Has anyone been threw this before? I just don't want to be doing anything wrong.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:10 PM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

Water from where? The coolant?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I'm fixing your topic title. "Help please" doesn't help us from understanding your question.

How do you know there is water in the engine? Did you drive through a large puddle? was the car in a flood?

Most body shops don't do mechanical engine work, Kind of like going to the dentist to fix your back pain.

More details would help you out.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

And most insurance companies don't cover mechanical failures (at least not in Aus) . Sounds like there could be some confusion.

As for the white clouds, I suspect it is a head gasket problem. Water from the cooling jacket getting sucked into the cylinders on the intake stroke.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:02 PM

I'm just wondering if any one has had there motor replace by an insurance company because of this? And yes We had a heavy rain a few weeks back, and my car was parked in to what turned in to a deep puddle. I didn't think it was deep enough to get to the motor or anything else for that matter. And Yes some body shops do mechanical, Some times we have no choice, I'm a body man, this is why it confusing me. Why do they want me to take it to a body shop to have it looked at? It makes no sense. They are giving me the impression that they are going to cover it. But I'm not giving my hopes up yet. The car Also want to shut it's self off when coming to a stop. It cant keep Idel on it's own.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

There's too much info missing to be able to give you good advice, assuming this isn't a hoax.

Do you have a CAI or any other intake mods?

Is this a single occurrence, or has the white smoke been getting worse?

What does the coolant in your reservoir look like? Are you losing coolant?

Are you getting a CEL?

You've got to give us information on the circumstances that lead up to this problem, not just the symptoms you have right now.

It doesn't make sense that your insurance will cover this. Are you sure you're not talking about some type of warantee?

Between the typos, misspellings, inadequate info, and misinformation, you're going to have to do a better job explaining yourself or we're going to assume you're some wiseguy trying to send us on a wild goose chase.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:47 PM

My guess its just oil
Old 11-26-2006, 04:04 PM

How could this be a hoax? Yes I do have a CEL it for the o2 censer. I have a short air in take ( not cold ). It smoked a few weeks back, and is steady getting worse, and the last time I check the coolant level is fine. But i no longer drive the car. No, I'm sure that I'm talking about state farm. And not some sort of warranty. For some one that bitches about someone else's spelling should at least spell everything in their post right, and have no typo's. Don't ya think?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

maybe its just humidity. I know at night I can see all the smoke coming out of the exhaust that I normally couldn't
Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Take it easy frieze. We do get a few hoaxes here and your post does have a few anomalies in it.

If you haven't run the car in a few days you can pull the plugs and turn the engine over. If coolant has leaked into the cylinders it will spray out the spark plug holes.

Has your head been off? Have you had a head gasket done recently? Have you recently overheated?

Quick Reply: Water may be in my engine