S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Water leak on passenger footwell

Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They look like pre-existing holes. Rain water wouldn't be able to get through those holes unless you are submerged in water. I dont think they are the culprit. My issue is an actual leak that you can see coming from under the dash when it rains.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar leak. It was leaking from the fender/cowl seam that runs under the hood hinge attachment point on the cowl passenger side.The leak would allow water to drip on the cabin filter and through the blower housing onto the carpet. It was hard to pin down because the car had to be parked uphill, driver side down for the drip to hit the filter. If the cabin filter is wet, then look for a leak at that seam. I poured a little water on the seam and it would immediately drip through the bottom of the seam. After sealing the seam and haven't had any leaks in 3 yrs. My 2006 had no sealant on the seam from the factory.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bingo. Same thing with my crv
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by cbayman
I had a similar leak. It was leaking from the fender/cowl seam that runs under the hood hinge attachment point on the cowl passenger side.The leak would allow water to drip on the cabin filter and through the blower housing onto the carpet. It was hard to pin down because the car had to be parked uphill, driver side down for the drip to hit the filter. If the cabin filter is wet, then look for a leak at that seam. I poured a little water on the seam and it would immediately drip through the bottom of the seam. After sealing the seam and haven't had any leaks in 3 yrs. My 2006 had no sealant on the seam from the factory.
cbayman, is this the area your talking about?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 PM

My leak was right under the hood hinge bracket. The water would roll down the channel you have circled and leak through the seam under the hinge bracket. I had to take the bolts out and flip up the hinge to seal the seam. (Mark the hinge location before removing the bolts). Another possible leak source is one of the clips that hold the black cowl cover to the body. They have gaskets around the white plastic clips that dry rot and start leaking. The area under the cowl cover is not designed to be watertight. But if water drips on the cabin filter or the drains are clogged, it leaks through the blower housing onto the carpet.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:20 AM

vteconly, I'm 95% sure I have found my leak! So... Whoever owned the car before me installed a subwoofer and ran the power cable through the firewall under the passenger side dash. The rubber plug they cut into was waterproof before it was cut open to run the cable through. So I took some JB Quick Weld and filled the hole to seal it off. Afterwards, I took the hose to my car for a good minute and not a drop of water fell inside the car! I'll reply back once we get another heavy rain here in Florida to tell you I'm 100% sure that was the problem.

Here's what I'm talking about,
Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 PM

good stuff, i will have to double check if that is similar in situation with mine. thanks bro.

Hoang
Old 08-01-2013, 08:14 AM

did it solve it ?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by vteconly
did it solve it ?
Finally got some good rain and problem still exists I wish this was a common problem that had a resolution.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:22 PM

I have the same problem but on the driver's side. The carpet gets wet after it rains. Any ideas. I will try the previous suggestions for the passenger side.

Quick Reply: Water leak on passenger footwell