S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

VSA error code help

Old 04-05-2015, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VSA error code help

Hi everybody, I started a new topic some time ago about my clutch and VSA problems.

This is the clutch problem link -->https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/111...#entry23540275
Clutch is fine now since it was replaced by Honda OEM, no more weird noises.

I am having VSA problems since clutch replacement, and no luck with a fix so far.

I am getting the VSA and "exclamation mark inside a triangle" lights.

Car is 06 with 98k miles on it.
They light up as soon as I take a corner fast, or let the car slide for 2-3 seconds in the corner(slow 50 mph slides).
ABS seems sketchy while the lights are up.
Codes I pulled are 23, and 65-1. (these are not CEL codes I assume, I get no CEL just VSA)

65-1 is "Brake Fluid Low Level", which is weird because fluid level is sitting between low and high.
And no my car is not listed for brake booster recall, I checked it.

23 is "A problem with the engine speed signal circuit".
I have no idea about this one, it has a 15 step checking procedure where you reset everything pretty much.
While clutch was getting changed mechanic broke the camshaft sensor by mistake and it was changed with a used one from an engine in the shop,
one of the things repair guide mentioning for the DTC 23 is camshaft sensor inspection. Could this be the reason?
I checked the sensor with the diagnostic tool and there is no synchronization problem or any other problem I can see.
When mechanic started the car with a broken camshaft sensor(it took 3-4 tries to start it), it threw a CEL code immediately but I have no CEL code right now.

The car has a ticking noise coming from the "steering rack and pinion" when I turn the steering wheel especially to the left when the car is lifted(can't hear it when the car is on the ground and working).One mechanic said it was bad another said it was normal and gears inside it was making noise. Could this be the reason?

I cleared the codes and reset everything with 2 different diagnostic tools from a friend's shop.
Codes comeback no matter what I did.(eps reset, relearn everything).

Please help me if you know what these codes are, can't take a turn fast without dash going Christmas tree.
Any help is appreciated.