S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

VSA and CEL light problem

Old 07-03-2009, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSA and CEL light problem

Hello thank you for everyone who takes the time to read on my problem any feedback is much appreciated thanks!

06+ s2000, 28k miles.
Everything is stock pretty much cept for the FIPK intake and the bosch plugs later on.
Recent work done: Transmission fluid, Diff Fluid and Oil change all about a week ago.

Let me go ahead and explain the situation w/ my car.
About a month ago I was driving along normally and noticed that my VSA and CEL (Solid) came on out of nowhere, so I pulled over and turned off the car and started it back up. After that the VSA light disappears but the CEL light remains. So I went to go get the CEL codes checked out and it indicated that I had a the codes,
P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

So I bought new plugs from autozone (http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...s/IrFusion.htm) which are those plugs there. And when I took out my NGK oem plugs they looked really clean nothing really wrong and I was debating on changing them out but since the problem started w/ the NGK I figured it was worth a shot w/ the bosch.

So the problem didn't exist anymore for a good 2 weeks. Then came back the VSA and CEL. So I did the normal things turned it off and restarted and drove. VSA light off after restart and CEL code eventually goes away. So that happened about 2 or 3 times until today.

Today the VSA light and CEL light comes on and I turned off the motor and turned it back on CEL light was the only one. So I drove it for a bit and VSA light back on. Also accelerating through 1st,2nd, and 3rd the acceleration was choppy and it pretty much felt like it was misfiring. So I pull over and check out the engine and stuff and nothing seems to be wrong, all fluids are at a good level and cant hear any unusual sounds when idling and no funny idling rpm either. So I restart and go and about 1 min later the VSA light comes back on and same issue w/ the gears accelerating. But the acceleration issue only happened 1 out of about 3 times I accelerated.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/IMG_0138.jpg

there's a pic of the dash.

Also since my car is 06 and under 36k miles would you think that it's still under warranty and would Honda fix it?

Any idea what is wrong? Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Former Moderator

Received 321 Likes on 294 Posts

The 1st thing the dealer is going to do is take the crap Bosch spark plugs out and put OEM plugs back in.

I'd swap them back to eliminate having to buy new ones then take it in.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea I put them back in. And the car runs a lot better no more lights after I reset the CEL. My car is also out of warranty as well. But I called the store where I bought the plugs and they said they would try and get me a set of NGK's or atleast refund my money back.