S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

The Vortech Supercharger Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the price difference between polished and satin.

Chris
Old 07-31-2002, 09:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Please don't take this as a flame. I've been watching these Vortech threads with great interest and anticipation as I'm kinda sitting on the fence at the moment about getting one myself.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that the 2 or 3 cars that this is being installed in is taking an inordinate amount of time to get up and running the way it should? Pulleys that have no holes, brackets that don't go all the way around, can't drive past a certain rpm, wiring issues, waiting for this, that and the other thing from Vortech. Wasn't this kit supposed to be a bolt on and go? I don't know about the rest of you fellas but if I'd just unloaded over $4K US and was still waiting for the thing to arrive or just waiting to get it installed, I might start to feel my sphincter begin to pucker just a little.
(No offense intended. I really want to see this thing fly.)
Old 07-31-2002, 09:28 AM

It's a brand new kit...similar problems with the Comptech kit happened back in the day (check valves). Just let things shake out.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:31 AM

I think that the first prodution run of anything this complex will have a few bugs that need to be worked out. Just look at the S2K, when it came out in 2000 it had bugs that needed to be resolved as well.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the exact reason I didn't order mine first. I have never been fond of small cages and rat food! (i don't want to be a guinea pig...that was a joke...i know...it wasn't funny....i'm sorry )
Old 07-31-2002, 09:33 AM
S2K

Agreed...like any new kit on the market. There is bound to be some bugs that needs to be worked out as more and more customers install it onto their cars. Testing one kit on one car is not going to fix every problem. Like Wes said...Comptech had problems when they first release their SC. Even now, they are still having problems with the brackets cracking (may have been fixed with the new bracket, only time will tell).
Old 07-31-2002, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by S2K Power
I think that the first prodution run of anything this complex will have a few bugs that need to be worked out. Just look at the S2K, when it came out in 2000 it had bugs that needed to be resolved as well.
No flame or offense intended but that's a cop out.

Vortech took a long time in releasing this product. In fact, as I recall, the company missed its original "due dates" a couple of times. I'm sure Vortech is a good company and I'm sure the product is good, but it's piss poor customer service to release a product to the public before these issues are ironed out.

I'm curious why so many on this board beat the crap out of Honda for TSB's on buzzing clutches, etc. and then find this type of problems with Comptech or Vortech acceptable.

No company and no product is perfect. There are going to be issues. But shipping kits that are incomplete. Or shipping kits before critical issues such as timing are worked out is just bad mojo, IMO.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:17 PM

Sometimes things happen. Its life. However, the quality of a company is determined on how they resolve these issues. We always try to eliminate any potential problemns. Ask Mike(Merlin from evo) and Brian (troup). We have done everything. Sometimes parts are misshipped. The timing issues are NOT an issue any longer. Only some of the boxes that were supplied to us were mis tagged and have since been resolved. That means only a few boxes were incorect. It just happens to be that these guys got theres first. There was NO problem with it working, it was getting it to interface. That being said, the correctly prewired box fixed that also. We spent sooo long perfecting this kit from a tuning, fitment and reliability stand point. These are minor details. Its too bad it happened, but we do everything in our power to fix them. Again, ask Mike @ evo. Any questions let me know. Thanks for being patient and understanding.

Trevor
Sport Compact Marketing
Vortech Engineering, LLC
Old 07-31-2002, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VortechS2k
[B]Sometimes things happen.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:12 PM

Trevor, So as far as all the issues Brian and Mike faced like the timing, crank pulley, backet size, etc. I am assuming any kits shipping out after them have these issues already resolved. As the instruction manual been reprinted with the correct wiring diagram?

thanks

john

Quick Reply: The Vortech Supercharger Thread