S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

vortech sc?

Old 11-02-2001, 04:46 PM
JRM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RicePimp

C'mon be nice There's nothing to argue about, neither of you is wrong. Go back and read his first thread carefully... He never said that comptech used a vortech blower. He just said that the comptech (paxton) blower was a centrifugal unit like the vortech blower (which it is). And as far a "lag" goes, yes he was technically incorrect. But I've heard that term used the way he meant it many times before. He was quick to point out what he meant after I posted and described the lack of the kind of lag that you mean. I've heard lag used to describe variations in the cut-in rpm between different turbos, rather than the time to spool. Technically the term intercooler is incorrect too, but you never hear anyone complain about that. It does get confusing, but arguing about it drags down a really interesting thread and is kind of pointless since nobody is really wrong. Please drop it.
Vortech is the same garbage centrifugal S/C that comptech uses.
Your statement is inaccurate!

This was in the first line of his original statement! Please, go back and read it again. It is only intresting when the proper truth is know in respect to the subject. When it's not it's BS and bad info. Sumir is asking for accurate information. To the point Bens info is completely inaccurate from a technical standpoint. This misleads Sumir and distracts the essence of the converstation. He was only quick to point it out when someone put his verbage to task with a proper explaination. Had this not happened he would have continued and you know it. Inaccurate information leads to false assumptions and you know where that leads.

He's not ready to learn about superchargers because he's already based his limited knowledge on false assumptions and formulated bias opinions. Each has there applications and functions but the only way to learn about them and have a decent conversation is when all parties are prepaired to learn something. In this case what I learned was, and I say this with humility, is Ben just doesn't know enough about what he's talking about. This is a simple statement of fact. By the way, Intercooling of Superchargers is correct terminology as well as aftercoolering. I worked on these type of applications when I first went into the military in the early 70's

Arguing with civility is a good productive tool. But this is another topic. Inaccurate speculation is far worse than saying nothing at all. Which is what I'm now going to do! Don't misunderstand or interject your emotions into my meaning. In not mad or angry. I'm just being insistant. Anyway this is totally off the original point and I really don't want to add anymore factual information to this conversation. I 'll take my own advice and be quiet.

See Ya
Old 11-02-2001, 06:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRM
[B]

Your statement is inaccurate!

This was in the first line of his original statement!
Old 11-03-2001, 09:55 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Ben, you noticing a pattern here? What's the common denominator?
Old 11-03-2001, 03:13 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RT
[B]Ben, you noticing a pattern here?
Old 11-03-2001, 05:21 PM

JRM, in all the posts I have seen you make, they all seem to have one common fact:

"They are all full of rude and sarcastic remarks"

bgrubin said nothing of a rude nature at all. Like he said before, he simply explained his opinion on the asked question about Superchargers. Did he call Sumir an idiot for not having a vast knowledge of Centrifugal superchargers? Absoutely not, for the simple fact that all of us are here to help eachother. Your lack of maturity and respect is very evident in every post you make.

Just chill out and respect others. There is nothing wrong with a respectful and healthy debate about each other's opinions, but when you start worthless name calling and so forth, Your just showing every member in this board how much of a child you really are.....
Old 11-03-2001, 05:49 PM

Bad news for the Paxton vs Vortec arguement. Vortec owns Paxton.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok enough off the bickering