S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Vibrations but what is wrong?

Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations but what is wrong?

Hey guys!

Im turning to you for some advice hoping there will be a s2k guru in here somewhere

I'm experiencing hard vibrations during acceleration, but the thing is that these vibrations only occour when accelerating over 60mph and upwards. If it were the CV joints should'nt the vibrations occour when accelerating at any speeds and gears. The car is absolutely perfect on 1st and 2:d gear but going into 3rd the vibrations begin. The tires are brand new and replaced by the previous owner and he, obviously, say he did'nt have these problems. The vibrations are not consistent either. They are always there but sometimes it vibrates and sometimes it vibrates to the point of kidney damage. They car is lowered on Einbach springs 40mm, running a CAI. Its an AP1 with very low milage and its in absolute mint condition otherwise.

Honda shop said it was the Differential, another Honda repairshop said it was the cv joints a 3rd said it could be the tires... A differetial costs an arm and a leg, found one from Quaife that was extremly cheap compared to Hondas. Cv joints are a whooping 350 dollars each in sweden. Would it be a stupid thing to do to shift the tires, back to front just to see if it makes any difference?

Would appreciate some help on this. I tried the search but I havent seen anyone with the exact same problem as the vibrations start over 60mph and only during accel.

thanks!

Christian

Honda S2000 AP1 ´00
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kacklon
Hey guys!

Im turning to you for some advice hoping there will be a s2k guru in here somewhere

I'm experiencing hard vibrations during acceleration, but the thing is that these vibrations only occour when accelerating over 60mph and upwards. If it were the CV joints should'nt the vibrations occour when accelerating at any speeds and gears. The car is absolutely perfect on 1st and 2:d gear but going into 3rd the vibrations begin. The tires are brand new and replaced by the previous owner and he, obviously, say he did'nt have these problems. The vibrations are not consistent either. They are always there but sometimes it vibrates and sometimes it vibrates to the point of kidney damage. They car is lowered on Einbach springs 40mm, running a CAI. Its an AP1 with very low milage and its in absolute mint condition otherwise.

Honda shop said it was the Differential, another Honda repairshop said it was the cv joints a 3rd said it could be the tires... A differetial costs an arm and a leg, found one from Quaife that was extremly cheap compared to Hondas. Cv joints are a whooping 350 dollars each in sweden. Would it be a stupid thing to do to shift the tires, back to front just to see if it makes any difference?

Would appreciate some help on this. I tried the search but I havent seen anyone with the exact same problem as the vibrations start over 60mph and only during accel.

thanks!

Christian

Honda S2000 AP1 ´00
Might be a tire balancing issue. Typically, that's where it shows it's ugly head... in 3rd gear. The faster you go the worse it gets?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Early signs of axle bucket failure. As they pit more, you will feel it at lower speeds.

Switch the buckets side to side and be done. Do it yourself for $0.00