S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

vibrating !

Old 02-09-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibrating !

just lowered the car today on Neuspeed Springs and now everytime I floor on it, the car vibrating like crazy. Its didn't do this before lowering. Anyone know what's a problem here ? needs help !!!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:46 PM

Did you preload and torque everything down IAW manufactures specs? Where is the vibration coming from? Also check that the springs have been installed in the correct position.. as in front and rear. I have seen a thread somewhere that was about a member who installed the springs in the incorrect position. Other items of consideration are alignment and tire balance.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by milkbubble,Feb 9 2006, 07:46 PM
Did you preload and torque everything down IAW manufactures specs?
?????

It's seem like the vibrations came from the rear.
Springs are installed in the right position and accordingly (front are front, rear are rear)

More like aligment to me but Im not sure. Only vibrates when I floor the gas, when I let off, its normal.

none of this happen before the springs was installed.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:07 PM

Make sure your rear shock pillars are tight. Mine did that too for a while but you gotta let em settle before they stop makin bitchin. Some people have no noise and some do. Just depends on the car and application i guess. Also look up inside the rear fender wells and make sure the top of the shock is in its place, it could possibly be off a little bit.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This sounds like the typical CV joint vibration on acceleration issue. By lowering the car, you have altered the angle of the 1/2 shafts. Now the CV joints are operating in such a way as to aggravate a condition that may have not shown itself when the car was at stock ride height. You probably would have had this eventually anyway, but the lowering merely brought it to light.
This is my best "internet" guess based on what you've posted. You need to do further investigation.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by millertown15,Feb 9 2006, 08:07 PM
Make sure your rear shock pillars are tight. Mine did that too for a while but you gotta let em settle before they stop makin bitchin. Some people have no noise and some do. Just depends on the car and application i guess. Also look up inside the rear fender wells and make sure the top of the shock is in its place, it could possibly be off a little bit.
I think that just answered the clickin' I get everynow and then, especially when I making turns. I have a feeling that its adjusting itself. -I guess- But the vibrations is what got me worried
Old 02-09-2006, 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=xviper,Feb 9 2006, 08:25 PM] This sounds like the typical CV joint vibration on acceleration issue.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnie's2k,Feb 9 2006, 10:32 PM
sounds like something I should consider. If it that's the cause, can it be fix and how ?

my friend has the same springs on his and its fine.
If it's the CV joints, then only new ones will fix it. If that's the case, then you might consider installing output flange spacers to help negate some of the changed angle from lowering. This may help the next set of CVs to stay healthier longer.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:10 PM

thanks for the response guys. I'll get it alignments tommorrow and see if that fix it or not.

Also, It only vibrating when I floor on the gas at 50mph and up. At a lower speed I can floor on it and its fines.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:16 AM

vinnie's s2k: i dont think an alignment will help your shakes!! I have the same problem and its driving me crazy...basically what you need to do is get new axles...i know it sucks...especially at 400-500 bucks a pop! or you can take your neuspeeds off and try to get it under warranty.. I am also lowered!!

use the search...there is like a 20pg topic on the shakes!

let me know what happens! I have yet to fix mine!

Jay

Quick Reply: vibrating !