S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

VErsion 2 Toda cams

Old 06-20-2003, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man beroz I feel for you but I might not be correct but I heard rumors that the guy that had installed your cams did not adjust the cam gear position and it was off by a few... Since they are not adjustable there is still some play and I hear that how you can lose the top end if they are not turned in the right direction!...anyways my car went in for the works today but when it came down to the nitty gritty the shop's distributor sent the a civic clutch thinking perhaps that its a Honda so what's the difference that was a pissoff but my car right now is on the lift with the tranny on the ground and the toda flywheel has been installed but waiting on the clutch to be drop shiped tonight I definitely will lt you know my results... AND beroz I HOPE IT WAS JUST A FAULTY INSTALL CUZ TODA IS THE SHI*. HOPEFULLY I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICS OF THE INSTALL~nate
Old 06-21-2003, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6-8 hp peak, 15 hp at the redline.

There is no reason for a bigger cam (and the Todas are bigger) to loose top end power. Maybe I can get Toda to "lend" me a set and do the install themselves and then dyno.

UL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinky
[B]Sorry but that just isn't cool.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At this point I would really appreciate that UL.....
Old 06-21-2003, 04:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It's amazing how at the beginning of this post, I was practically on the phone trying to buy a set of V2's at any cost. Now, 4 pages later, I'm scared out of my mind to even consider tackling something like this. Good luck to all of you. Keeping us posted is greatly apprecitated.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 06-21-2003, 04:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Beroz,

What shop is doing/did your install? I went to Villanova and lived in King of Prussia. I used to work at Tweeter in K.O.P. Just curious.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:58 PM

hey just got home from like 6-7 hours of sitting at the shop...it was raining here at socal so hopefully wetness was a factor for my low baseline(filter wet?)...which was a 187(going to get dyno sheets monday)...anyways i was and still am in total trust with the mechanic doing the install and also the shop. they are a authorized TODA dealer and have done great work. the man in charge of doing my install is a top notch guy by the name of "doc charles"(responsible for some and if i'm not mistaken started the KA20's into EK hatches craze)...anyways to make it short i didn't lose any top end power(at least that's what i was told) but also did not gain much..did feel more bite in teh midrange...i did not see the end result on screen/#'s on dyno because i could tell charles was not happy with the outcome...he came up on his own that it might be what mugens2003 came up with, with some play...or with the valve clearances...TODA was closed today so there was no tech help...but right when the shop opens monday charles and the whole autolink crew is going to do his/there best to help resolve this. btw my car has a TODA header,injen CAI,apexi ws exhaust. my vafc is not tuned, and i'm waiting to get it tuned...if no horsepower is gained monday,i want to make a appointment with UL to tune my vafc...and hopefully get some power...i have not lost hope and i hope u guys have not either...till monday-keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:52 AM

Ok this is the tuning error the cams gears not for sure but the need to be turned like this <-/-> not like ->/<- get it ok opposing each other there is like a few degress of play there and that could be the hidden answer but who knows i still have not even installed them yet wonder if this many people had these type of problems with the first gen. toda cams? i hope its ok well if i do end up getting nasty hp results i guess everyone is gonna have to come to charlotte n.c @ www.p1auto.com were i get everything done there!!!*** ALSO I GOT THE TODA HEADERS AND THE TODA LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEEL AND THE ACT CLUTCH INSTALLED! oOoOohhh man its sweet but truthfully i really dont feel it like i heard but i guess the dyno will tell soo and also i have not really gotton on it cuz the cluch has a break in period*** i will keep everyone posted about everthing!~nate
Old 06-22-2003, 06:40 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

One thing to remember. I had a friend put in a set of V1 toda cams. He said the car pulled nicely right after install. Though he did say that after 2-3 days of driving it REALLY GOT POWER! So it might take a couple days of breakin to really see full bennefits.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nate and GDPzS2000,
According to the install instructions, there should be 3 degrees of play.... I'm glad that people are seeing no power loss. Maybe I should bring my car to evo s2000 shop for a reinstall....
Money2536,
I live in KOP but I did my install at Modified in Harrisburg. I had done some research and the majority of people pointed me to them.
Thanks for the update guys....
Beroz
Old 06-22-2003, 12:57 PM

Beroz if you have a weekend off I know it a long drive but the shop I guarantee that you will be satisfied with them. This guy does toda installs on cars all day long on top of that he won the 2002 HONDA EAST-COAST CHALLENGE!!! So he's the man when it comes to Honda, he also is one of the best tuners I have seen personally with v-afc or full stand alone(on a in shop mustang dyno)but if your interested his name is Jack Harris and the site were you can get more info on them is www.p1auto.com just call or check them out on the web... I gave you some info that's better than gold if used!!! Check them out~nate

Quick Reply: VErsion 2 Toda cams