S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Valve cover

Old 02-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2 fast for u
First of all you shouldn't let this guys boss you around. It seems to me they are trying to share the responsability with you and you cannot let this happend. They mess up and they are liable for this. No fluid change nor head gasket replacement. They should replace the whole block. What you should do is demand this and if they don't respond, call your insurance company and tell them you need to replace your block because the dealer damage it. Im sure before the insurance pays you they are going to have a long talk with the dealer and beleive me the dealer won't get in a legal battle with a top insurance company knowing they are at falt. They will lose a lot money ( the insurance company never loses). Also call and E-mail American Honda so they know about the situation .
Old 02-26-2004, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is an update,

The dealership stated that they did not tighten down one of the valve rocker arms, which caused the strange noise and the car to run like shit, and they told me that the coolant in the oil was a residual of the changing of the head gasket, which seems a little unlikely seeing how the oil was a milky brown color and foaming. The dealer told me all they will do is flush the engine, replace the fluids and tighten the bolts, I called B.S. on that and currently have my lawyer working on this situation, both for the dealership negligence and the lemon implications of the car. It might take a few months to get this resolved but I cant let the dealership off the hook that easy, making them think this sort of thing is okay. Wish me luck.

Dave
Old 02-26-2004, 09:54 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Stick it to them, dude.

And the $1 million question.........................................w hich dealer?

Not that I'm ever going back to a dealer, but for those that still have "warranty" (and I use the term loosely) work handled.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:56 AM

Ahh... unless this has happened repeatedly, and the dealership hasn't been able to fix the SAME recurring problem, then I really don't see how you can make any claim under the lemon law.
Negligence is another story...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:27 AM

I have actually brought the car to the dealership 3 times for this same reason, once in December and twice in Febraury.

Hockey, the dealer is Poway Honda.

Dave
Old 02-26-2004, 11:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dmise
Here is an update,

The dealership stated that they did not tighten down one of the valve rocker arms, which caused the strange noise and the car to run like shit, and they told me that the coolant in the oil was a residual of the changing of the head gasket, which seems a little unlikely seeing how the oil was a milky brown color and foaming. The dealer told me all they will do is flush the engine, replace the fluids and tighten the bolts, I called B.S. on that and currently have my lawyer working on this situation, both for the dealership negligence and the lemon implications of the car. It might take a few months to get this resolved but I cant let the dealership off the hook that easy, making them think this sort of thing is okay. Wish me luck.

Im exactly refering to full coverage insurance. When you ensure your car with full coverage you ensure it completely not only for collision insurance, robbery etc. This means that your engine its part of the coverage, if its damage its caused by accidental nature, without the engine being modified in any way and also the proper maintainance is up to date. At least this is how it works in PR. Also remember the damage was done by the dealer so their insurance should cover this, but if you try to do this on your own with out a big company (insurance company) to back you up theres no way in hell the dealer is going to respond to your demands. Something similar happend to me in PR but it was never as serious as the situation were talking about and I had to call my insurance company and let them deal with the situation. Guess what? They had to replace the damage peace that they broke when the car was been service by them. So it work for me, it should work for him to.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't imagine an auto insurance policy covering a botched mechanical repair, unless the original problem was caused by something they would cover (act of God like flood or lightning, accident, vandalism, etc.).