S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Vafc 2

Old 08-12-2003, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vafc 2

just picked up a VAFC 2, lookin for some ideas of where to mount, i like it in the armrest with the original VAFC, but this one isnt a perfect rectangle,
Old 08-12-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the difference between VAFC version 1 to the VAFC version 2?

Chris C.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:22 PM

I do like the fact that they got rid of the push buttons and the black casing makes it blend into the interior better.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:50 PM

It looks like the harness is buit in? Do you need another harness for the install? I was considering purchasing this unit and was curious on finding out a little more about it. I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'd say my favorite mount is in the little tray behind the cup holder. Will this one fit?

REVS9K
Old 08-12-2003, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's where I mounted mine
Old 08-12-2003, 06:42 PM

Does the VAFC II have the option for 2 or more settings?
Old 08-12-2003, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by REVS9K
It looks like the harness is buit in? Do you need another harness for the install? I was considering purchasing this unit and was curious on finding out a little more about it. I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'd say my favorite mount is in the little tray behind the cup holder. Will this one fit?

REVS9K

its wired up the same way as the original, it will fit behind the cup holder but the edges on this one are kinda rounded, so there might be gaps, as opose to the orignal which is a perfect rectangle
Old 08-12-2003, 08:02 PM

VAFC 2 Regular

VAFC 2 Limited

Concept:
Piggyback Fuel Computer with Integrated VTEC Controller

Characteristics:
Modifies manifold pressure signal and alters VTEC engagement point on Honda VTEC engines; Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD).

Comments:
A'PEX introduces the first digital fuel computer that combines fuel computer functions with a VTEC engagement controller. The V-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 200 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. The Fuel Adjustment function considers wide/narrow throttle and low/high camshaft settings, from which four different fuel maps are created (wide-low, wide-high, narrow-low, narrow-high). The integrated VTEC Controller adjusts the point at which the engine switches from the Lo to Hi cam during acceleration, as well as when the engine switches from the Hi to Lo cam during deceleration. Due to the complexity of this product, APEXi recommends having the V-AFC and other APEXi electronics installed and tuned by authorized APEXi Power Excel Shops.

DISPLAY

The new Vtec AFC-II utilizes a state of the art visual display lighting called Vacuum Flourescent Display (VFD) to provide a bright & clear visual information. A new dot matrix monitor enabled a variety of information to be displayed simultaneously where the driver can check quickly. Information relayed can be either displayed numerically (analog gauge style) or graphically.
BODY

The body of this new product is slimmer & smaller (H52 mm x W126 mm x D18 mm) than the previous offerring. This ergonomically designed body houses only a "center button" which toggles & rotates where it enables the driver to navigate (4-axis toggle: up& down, and left & right) and to select functions of the Vtec AFC-II. This button also has a feature that enables the driver to fine tune any parameters. All these features in the new model's user interface made it much easier & efficient compared to the older model.

FUNCTION

KNOCKING MONITOR
The new Vtec AFC-II has a new knock sensor function which alerts the driver. This ensures that the engine is tuned to perfection at every stage. This function only works on vehicles that has an engine knock sensor.

MEMORIZE 2 TYPE OF SETTING DATA
The new Vtec AFC-II can save two data setting from data collected with respected to air flow adjust rate, throttle duration, engine RPM, etc. The driver could use these two settings in a variety of driving conditions, be it track, street, or just plain cruising.

PASSWORD
To avoid the new Vtec AFC-II from tampering by unauthorized users, a password can be set for protection.

WARNING
The driver can set up various warning functions in order to monitor the engine operation. These functions includes incoming air flow rate, suction pipe pressure, engine knock RPM, etc.

Others
Settings & data stored in the new Vtec AFC-II will not be lost even if the it is disconnected from the vehicle battery power. RPM signal for air flow & pressure sensors can be adjusted in 12 points in 1% increments depending on fuel settings in +50% to -50%. Or the RSP can be set in increments of 200 RPM. Throttle opening duration: Adjustable by size.

choose 12point
every 200rpm
more stable
setting up display (air flow/pressure)
Standard model: Blue
Limited Edition: White
-Knocking Monitor
-Digital Display
-Setting Memory function
-Warning function
-Password
-Lock function

There on ebay, just do a search for VAFC 2 or im sure one of the board sponsors could get it for you
Old 08-13-2003, 04:25 AM

TeamRedlineS2K,

Quick question. The regular V-AFC II has a silver chassis with blue display and the Limited V-AFC II has a black chassis with a white display. Do I have this correct? And if I do, I'll be in line for the Limited.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:22 AM

Originally posted by Darksyde
TeamRedlineS2K,

Quick question. The regular V-AFC II has a silver chassis with blue display and the Limited V-AFC II has a black chassis with a white display. Do I have this correct? And if I do, I'll be in line for the Limited.

Thanks.
correct

Quick Reply: Vafc 2