S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

URGENT HELP: DEAD CLUTCH PEDAL

Old 09-30-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down URGENT HELP: DEAD CLUTCH PEDAL

after doing this: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...l=sticky+clutch

my clutch pedal is dead. i then went back under the car and took the slave cylunder out, and a lot of brake fluid poured out of the boot, and the piston from inside the slave cylinder popped out. this is weird, because the first time i took out the cylinder, that piston did not come out. could i have broken the seal between that piston and the inside of the slave cylunder?? i don't see how i could have done that...

i then greased it again, topped up clutch fluid (the fluid level was not down to the bottom, so i don't think air got in the line), and tried it again, with the SAME RESULT.

from my understanding of what i saw inside the slave cylinder, it's just a cylinder that the fluid goes into that pushes out the piston which moves the rod forward into the cup on the clutch release fork.

I DID EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO THE DIY FROM DZBERK! according to my understanding of his DIY, you simply need to stick the rod back in to the cylinder, line up the head of the rod with the clutch release fork cup, and bolt the cylinder back in. MAYBE MY REASSEMBLY IS WHERE THE PROBLEM AROSE FROM?

i need urgent help!!

thank you so much in advance!

pics:

Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Thumbs down

after doing this: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...l=sticky+clutch

my clutch pedal is dead. i then went back under the car and took the slave cylunder out, and a lot of brake fluid poured out of the boot, and the piston from inside the slave cylinder popped out. this is weird, because the first time i took out the cylinder, that piston did not come out. could i have broken the seal between that piston and the inside of the slave cylunder?? i don't see how i could have done that...

i then greased it again, topped up clutch fluid (the fluid level was not down to the bottom, so i don't think air got in the line), and tried it again, with the SAME RESULT.

from my understanding of what i saw inside the slave cylinder, it's just a cylinder that the fluid goes into that pushes out the piston which moves the rod forward into the cup on the clutch release fork.

I DID EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO THE DIY FROM DZBERK! according to my understanding of his DIY, you simply need to stick the rod back in to the cylinder, line up the head of the rod with the clutch release fork cup, and bolt the cylinder back in. MAYBE MY REASSEMBLY IS WHERE THE PROBLEM AROSE FROM?

i need urgent help!!

thank you so much in advance!

pics:

Old 09-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Well..
If the front of the inside of the slave cylinder is corroded and the spring in the slave pushed the piston out and into that corrosion but not out of the cylinder... the seal could have been damaged.
Resulting in what you describe.

Take it all apart and see how the condition of the seal is.
Maybe its time to replace the slave too.

That's all I can think of.

Succes.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by SpitfireS,Sep 30 2007, 05:28 PM

Well..
If the front of the inside of the slave cylinder is corroded and the spring in the slave pushed the piston out and into that corrosion but not out of the cylinder... the seal could have been damaged.
Resulting in what you describe.

Take it all apart and see how the condition of the seal is.
Maybe its time to replace the slave too.

That's all I can think of.

Succes.
that sounds right, but i won't be able to check on it until tonight now. this could also be causing my weird clutch feeling where it goes down then the pedal's travel back up is delayed..

hopefully this is the problem, and not a TOB guide that needs grease. this is a LOT more simple to fix.

thanks for your help Spitfire
Old 09-30-2007, 01:55 PM

updated with pics!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:20 PM

help?
Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

re-bleed your clutch fluid
Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 AM

^^i know i need to after but right now i don't think that'll fix the dysfunctioning slave cylinder, will it?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:51 AM

help?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only done the procedure once and that was over a year ago. If there is fliud in the rubber boot then the seal on the slave actuator is bad or the slave piston was overextended. I suppose this could happen if it was not aligned with the rod. You know how vague the setup is from the slave to the rod to the cup.

First, I would repost on the Under the Hood Forum and get some expert advice. There are always guys willing to help there. Second, if it comes to replacing the slave cylinder, google Majestic Honda, use their parts drill down and order thru the mail. I just checked the site; looks like $51.00 before shipping.

Quick Reply: URGENT HELP: DEAD CLUTCH PEDAL