S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

UR Turbo

Old 04-24-2003, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UR Turbo

Still waiting for driving impressions on a properly installed UR turbo.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:48 PM

we know you're out there!
Old 04-25-2003, 12:38 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

..... or not
Old 04-25-2003, 12:15 PM

i have it installed and im too busy driving it everywhere.. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT especially on the highway, the torque just kicks you in the arse.. im sure some others are too busy boostin' to write up a report
Old 04-25-2003, 04:18 PM

what kind of 1/4 times do you think you can get?
Old 04-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard fuel problems have come up....
Old 04-25-2003, 06:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well.........mine is in the shop!! I think i got a bent rod or rod pin problem. Now, my car have a knocking noise on idle. We took the valve cover off and inspect the head and nothing broken and we also adjust the valves as well. Did the compression test and all 4 cylinders with over 200 compression. Before the engine was mess up........I still notice the clicking, ticking and tinging sound on the topend over vtec. I don't know what causes it but I think it is from the tuning of the e-manage system that doesn't fit my car (I think every car is different). It might be running too lean? or too rich for my car? I can't really blame anyone but I thought this kit is plug and play without any problem. Now my S is going to be in the shop again for couple weeks.

I won't know anything until next Thursday because my machanic is on vacation. What the hell am I going to do now?
Old 04-25-2003, 06:57 PM

Unfortunately, I believe your problems stem from your initial 1 bar (14.7 psi) of boost due to improper setup of waistgate. I hope for your sake that I'm wrong on this.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:58 PM

I can vouch for Jackie.

First off, there was always a flat spot around 6-7K when VTEC engaged. Serious loss of power when the car engaged into VTEC.

Also - Consistently, there was a kind of static sounding noise right around 6K when VTEC would kick in. It would make this crackling noise(very subdued but highly noticable) from 6-8K. Boost would often creep up to .6 Bar and as high as .7 Bar. This didn't always happen, but kinda made me wonder.

The last time we heard this crackling noise happened to be while I was driving it on the highway. I took 3rd up to 9K, then shifted to 4th and got back on the gas hard. This time, in 4th gear the boost kicked back in and around 7500 rpms, there was a total flat spot all the way up to 9K!!! It felt very odd as I backed off the throttle and depresed the clutch - almost as if I weren't even accelerating when I stepped the clutch in due to the dropoff in power.

As soon as we hit the exit ramp and came to a stop, I could hear a metallic ticking. Turned into the dealeship(we had left for lunch) and it got louder as I got on the gas...when I hit the throttle to accelerate, the car would stumble and sputter so we coasted down the street and shut her off.

I highly believe that even with the 3rd E-Manage(reprogrammed) that this car needs to be tuned on a case by case basis. Turbos are just too temperamental to run at max performance on someone else's map. It frustrates me that so much money and effort(installing Turbo) was put into this car and there wasn't much R&D behind it.

I'm just voicing my opinions here because I saw firsthand everything that went on with the installation, first drives, testing, different maps on multiple E-Manage systems and the car never ran right. Far too frustrating for me to have dealt with.

just my $.03
Old 04-25-2003, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by fperra
Unfortunately, I believe your problems stem from your initial 1 bar (14.7 psi) of boost due to improper setup of waistgate. I hope for your sake that I'm wrong on this.
If you search the posts, we never hit 1 bar...EVER! I believe that was Lextacy.

Quick Reply: UR Turbo