S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

upgraded hid's on a s2k

Old 09-03-2003, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by evo s2000
[B]

That is one smart comment. It may make you look amusing. But to Berlina black who is still relatively new to this forum. Asking simple questions. Instead of trying to help him. You made your judgement with smart remarks. This is a free forum, peopel say whatever they want to say. But sometimes when you don't have nothing nice to say, you can keep it to yourself.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by PLYRS 3
yes, but white is white.....
you are correct sir but now that I have the ultinons, bluish is bluish

Ill show them to you one day Nimesh,

you wont like them but ill show you anyways
Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only possible "upgrade" as far as I see would be to change the bulbs and ballasts to something that was a higher wattage and put out more lumens.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CRX7

Really, b/c I was going to make an intelligent response, but decided it wasn't worth my time as this is a mod which will make your car less useful and more like the rest of the guys with the blue bulbs out there, aka RICERS.
This guy posted this thread, and was hoping for intelligent response. Brighter or bluer. He does not know the difference, that's why he asked us for help. And he didn't expect to be at the end of someone's joke or somebody's judgement.

I'm glad you brought the type of respect from Honda Tech to this forum.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, I learned some neat stuff from this thread!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by Jason00S2000
I had my HIDs converted into lasers. Each shot does 2d6 damage per laser!
lol, that's awsome we should all get lazer beams and drive around shooting each other

It'd be like Twited Metal
Old 09-03-2003, 12:19 PM

Okay okay, chill out, I promise I'll never ever say Rice again. Jeez man.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by evo s2000

I believe our HID's are 4500k. You can upgrade them to 5500 or even 8600. I can get you the bulbs. But the difference is not noticeble. The higher you go in K's. The more blue it will be. But it will get dimmer, not brighter. If you are looking for brighter, go with white color'ish HID. They will light up the road more.
evo S2000,

I got nothing against you, but you're spitting out incorrect and not-so-great information. CRX7 is pretty spot-on in his remarks.

Upgrading implies, to me, that you're bettering what you've got already. Well, I have yet to see any HID bulb that's better suited for daily driving use on public roads than the ones that come with the car which are Philips bulbs rated at 4300K.

Any higher Kelvin and you're bordering rice because it's purely for cosmetic reasons on an important car function that has an effect on every other driver that you share the road with, especially at night.

With that said, I believe Philips has or will be releasing a German-made, real deal ~5400K bulb designed to replace those Philips bulbs that have been running on cars for several years to better match the "blueing" that occurs since their bulbs go higher up in the Kelvin rating scale as they age with minimal effect on output in lumens. Say one bulb goes and you pop in a new bulb. Colors will be different. So shove in the ~5400K replacement to even it out.

Not saying you're going to kill anyone for going blue (such is the reason why ricers still exist with their choice mods), but it ain't no upgrade for sure. Spend your money elsewhere.

Comes correct or don't come at all.

Cheers,
Old 09-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CRX7
Okay okay, chill out, I promise I'll never ever say Rice again. Jeez man.
It's all good. I'm not mad or anything. Just that lately this forum is turning like other forums. I used to love coming in here and enjoy everyone helping eachother with advice and suggestions. And now days everybody just jumps on eachother. Maybe this is not a useable upgrade. Maybe this upgrade is stupid. But that is all opinion to each his own. And the word "Rice" is so ... harsh.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by evo s2000

It's all good. I'm not mad or anything. Just that lately this forum is turning like other forums. I used to love coming in here and enjoy everyone helping eachother with advice and suggestions. And now days everybody just jumps on eachother. Maybe this is not a useable upgrade. Maybe this upgrade is stupid. But that is all opinion to each his own. And the word "Rice" is so ... harsh.

If you check out a few other forums around, there's alot of user bashing.

-Johnny

Quick Reply: upgraded hid's on a s2k