S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

update on HKS vibration

Old 07-03-2002, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default update on HKS vibration

I finally got in contact with someone at HKS. Turns out, the person i talked to, Brandon, owns a S so he was quite helpful in trying to figure out what is going on.

For those who didn't read my previous thread. I purchased a HKS dual exhaust. after about a month, it started vibrating around 2500-3000 rpms.

A fellow owner in the same city reported that his vibrated around 5-6k.

Anyways,

After speaking with Brandon, this is the option i got.

I have to send the HKS back to where i purchased it from, so they can send it back to HKS because HKS needs proof that it was purchased from the US distubitor, instead of from JAPAN. I don't know why that would be a big deal, or why i can't just send the thing directly to them, with a copy of the receipt, but that is how they want it done.

I have to take my exhaust off my car, put my stock exhaust back on, ship the entire exhaust to them, when i know it is the canister that is making the sound, have the place of purchase ship it to HKS, have HKS figure out what is wrong, once they findout, either tell me i am SOL, or they give me a new one, ship the exhaust back to the reseller, have the reseller send it back to me, and i get it reinstalled.

tell me this is out of control. how many people think this is going to take more than one month? the cost involved in shipping.. man....

after all this, i might as well purchase another exhaust.....
Old 07-03-2002, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmmmm, I'm not sure what to do . I have no receipt since I bought it used. But I know for a fact the sound/vibration is becoming more and more annoying
Old 07-03-2002, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder if you can take yours back to acura and have them inspect it. Since they installed it, and can weld exhaust's... maybe they have an idea of what to do.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Step 1:
Obtain "Brandons" email address

Step 2:
Post it here

Step 3:
All here who would like the HKS as it "seemed" to be superior send Brandon an email.

Step 4:
Sit back and watch!!

Utah

P.S. I am looking for an exhaust and this was my first choice....they have a welding issue they need to deal with.