S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

under the hood

Old 03-14-2006, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default under the hood

i bought my 00 back in last year july and now i have 76k in it and i was drivin from san antonio to south padre on the wkend everything seem fine until i was like an hour away from south padre i start feel the car jerk on the inside and i am alrdy in gear just pressing the gas and later on tomorrow i was driving again and my engine check light came on so i reset the system for unpluggin the battery and when i plug the battery back in again the engine check light went off and i drove home from south padre back to san antonio and the light never came on and the ride is about 400 miles and sumtiems when i am drivin on a roll like 20's its when i am stopping my rpm just went all the way down and i have to start my car again while i am rolling. i think it might be my compression, injector fuel leak, or engine/tranmission mount that are loose. well at least that what i am hoping for.. anyone got any idea is appericate. thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ksoccer,Mar 14 2006, 03:49 PM
my engine check light came on so i reset the system for unpluggin the battery and when i plug the battery back in again the engine check light went off
Why the heck would you reset the ECU and erase the code? That is the only thing that could have given you a clue as to what was going on and help you. We sure can't.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:09 PM

i have the same problem when im slowing down to stop the rpm would just die. i got a cel two days ago and its from my test pipe, so i went back to my oem cat and i still have the problem
Old 03-14-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah u should pulled the code first...

btw: have you applied to guiness for the worlds longest sentence?

"i bought my 00 back in last year july and now i have 76k in it and i was drivin from san antonio to south padre on the wkend everything seem fine until i was like an hour away from south padre i start feel the car jerk on the inside and i am alrdy in gear just pressing the gas and later on tomorrow i was driving again and my engine check light came on so i reset the system for unpluggin the battery and when i plug the battery back in again the engine check light went off and i drove home from south padre back to san antonio and the light never came on and the ride is about 400 miles and sumtiems when i am drivin on a roll like 20's its when i am stopping my rpm just went all the way down and i have to start my car again while i am rolling."
Old 03-14-2006, 04:28 PM

bump...please help
Old 03-14-2006, 05:10 PM

You deleted the code. We can't help you. Come back with the code when it comes again and maybe.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:14 PM

i am not even sure if its safe to even turn on my car or drive it. b/c one of my buddy said he can check it out for me and that it might be my air idle control valve or my fuel regulator b/c its been cuttin my rpm down while on a roll and i have to restart the car plus on top of that my gas is running down a lot faster then normal
Old 03-15-2006, 06:26 PM

bump
Old 03-15-2006, 06:42 PM

You keep bumping this thing. What do you want to hear? I can tell you whatever you like. It won't be anything useful. You seem to have some theories so go check them out. Without the codes, that's all they are - theories without basis. Flatbed your car to the dealer and get them to check it out.
Sorry, but I'm done here. You are not providing anything new that would allow anyone here to help you. If you're asking for "guesses", it's not going to be me. That would be doing you a great dis-service. I'll let someone else do the guessing.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to start a motion to ban/kick people off the forums for a period of no less than 1 month when they come on here and say "i got a cel, so I pulled the battery conection and cleared it" without pulling the code first.

How f****** stupid do you have to be. Then come in here and ask what the problem is!

Quick Reply: under the hood