S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Turn Signals not working - HELP!

Old 11-07-2004, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Turn Signals not working - HELP!

hi all,

friday morning, my turn signals just stopped working all of a sudden.

i had parked at a curb to get my dry cleaning and had the hazards on. i come out, start the car, turn off the hazards and signalled to turn out of the plaza and they didn't work.

1. went home, checked the 7.5A fuse titled turn signal in the cabin and it's fine.
2. hazards still work.
3. all signal related bulbs work (as evidenced by working hazards - i got out of the car with hazards on).
4. i have an aftermarket steering wheel.

no other fuse descriptions seem to imply anything to do with turn signals, so i haven't checked any other fuses.

any insight would be appreciated.

Old 11-07-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just FYI, fuse No. 41 (100A) and 42 (40A) are inline with fuse No. 7 (7.5A) for the turn signal lights (but the hazard function has a separate fuse to preserve function No. 49) though if either of those blew, you'd loose more than just the turn signals.

If you can hear the turn signal relay clicking, and the hazard lights work good, then I would suspect the only thing not in common with the hazard lights which could be bad to affect both the left and right turn signal lights would be a faulty turn signal selector switch or associated wiring.

You would have to remove the steering column covers and test the switch at the connection harness.

Looking at the wiring connector from the switch head on, with the top left pin being no 1 and bottom right pin being no 16, when you turn the lever to the left turn position pins 2 and 10 should connect, when turned to the right pins 11 and 10 should connect, when in the center position neither should be connected.

Just some insight.

Edit: If you can hear the turn signal relay clicking, it's not the turn selector switch since this switch provides the clicking relay power. If you can't hear the relay clicking then it's most likely your turn selector switch. Maybe the harness has come undone?
Old 11-07-2004, 02:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it just one side that doesn't work or both sides? If it's just one side, you may have a dual filament bulb where one filament is burned out.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

You haven't had the center console out recently? If the Hazard switch connector is loose/disconnected the turn signals won't work.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

But nor will the Hazards.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:10 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Missed the hazards still work.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:05 AM

thanks for the thoughts guys.....

when EITHER signal is selceted, there is no clicking.

the hazards work with the normal clicking sound present - all bulbs work when hazards are on.

the signal lever cancels itself when the steering wheel is returned to on-centre.

basically, nothing happens when you indicate a turn (left or right).

would the relay have two distinct circuits built into it - one for hazards and one for turn signals?? if so, could "half" the relay not work??

b/c this is my daily driver, i'm getting anxious as it's dangerous not being able to signal other drivers of my intentions.....

if nothing pans out here, i'll have to take it to the dealer.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:07 AM

one more thing....i've simultaneously lost my passenger side window function....from either the driver side or passenger side switches.

i hit the switch(es) and nothing happens - thankfully the window is in the closed position.

i fvcking hate cars.....
Old 11-08-2004, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you check the anti-child-playing-with-windows-switch?
Old 11-08-2004, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's an 04 - you should be under warrantee - but then again knowing Honda's service they may say your aftermarket wheel is the cause of the problem -

window - check the switch - or pull the door panel off and check the plug

Quick Reply: Turn Signals not working - HELP!