S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Turn signal problem

Old 09-23-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal problem

got a small problem here. Everything about my turn signals work, from the lights to the sounds...except for one thing. When I use the right turn signal, i dont get the green blinking arrow. Any ideas on where to look first?

TIA!

edit : oops, should have put this in electronics..can a mod move this for me please? Sorry!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you walked around your car when the signal on that side is ON? Do all the exterior signal lights work? Also, have you tried doing the 4-way flasher? What happens with all the lights, including the arrow ones in the dash? If it's only your arrow light that doesn't work, I would suspect that the bulb in the instrument cluster is blown. Changing it is almost major surgery.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Sep 23 2006, 11:54 AM
Have you walked around your car when the signal on that side is ON? Do all the exterior signal lights work? Also, have you tried doing the 4-way flasher? What happens with all the lights, including the arrow ones in the dash? If it's only your arrow light that doesn't work, I would suspect that the bulb in the instrument cluster is blown. Changing it is almost major surgery.
Thanks...fortunately...I think...the bulb for the right turn signal is not blown. Here's an update. As soon as I hear the VTEC coming on, the right turn signal comes on but not blinking..it stays on. Weird huh? I hope this isn't some kind of borked ECU type thing. Any new thoughts? There is no problem with the actual lights working, fyi
Old 09-23-2006, 09:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by VegaS2k,Sep 23 2006, 11:26 PM
As soon as I hear the VTEC coming on, the right turn signal comes on but not blinking..it stays on. Weird huh? I hope this isn't some kind of borked ECU type thing. Any new thoughts? There is no problem with the actual lights working, fyi
This is very weird. Is this a consistent thing? How about the next time you VTEC, purposely put on your left signal. What happens?
Usually, when the dash arrow light comes on solid, you are actually using the signal and there is a burnt out bulb somewhere on that circuit (one of the outside signal lights bulbs are out).
So, are you saying that if you just try your signals, they all work normally, including the dash arrows? Did you try the 4-way?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:26 PM

Ok here's an update :

Left turn signal turned on : fully functional
Right turn signal turned on : Functional except no right blinker on dash at all
Hazards turned on : Functional except no right blinker on dash at all

In ALL cases, the outside blinkers all work.

It seems the only problem really is, the right turn signal...until the VTEC kicks in in which case, its perma on until i get below vtec
Old 09-23-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by VegaS2k,Sep 23 2006, 11:26 PM
Ok here's an update :

Left turn signal turned on : fully functional
Right turn signal turned on : Functional except no right blinker on dash at all
Hazards turned on : Functional except no right blinker on dash at all

In ALL cases, the outside blinkers all work.

It seems the only problem really is, the right turn signal...until the VTEC kicks in in which case, its perma on until i get below vtec
This just in about a mod to make what my car does happen thanks to a fellow Vegas S2ki member..even though it doesn't explain why it is not blinking at under non VTEC conditions...

http://www.modifry.com/freebies/old/vtec/vtec.htm
Old 09-23-2006, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=VegaS2k,Sep 23 2006, 11:07 AM] got a small problem here. Everything about my turn signals work, from the lights to the sounds...except for one thing. When I use the right turn signal, i dont get the green blinking arrow. Any ideas on where to look first?

TIA!

edit : oops, should have put this in electronics..can a mod move this for me please?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Sep 23 2006, 09:51 PM
This is very weird. Is this a consistent thing? How about the next time you VTEC, purposely put on your left signal. What happens?
Usually, when the dash arrow light comes on solid, you are actually using the signal and there is a burnt out bulb somewhere on that circuit (one of the outside signal lights bulbs are out).
So, are you saying that if you just try your signals, they all work normally, including the dash arrows? Did you try the 4-way?
It is very consistent. Every time VTEC activates. I will turn on the left turn signal next time before getting on the car. I also just bought the car from my brother. I will be asking him if he did that mod but somehow it's not using the blinker at all..or something else is up...
Old 09-23-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The car has been intentionally modified to have this behavior. Modifry has a web page describing how to do it. The previous owner must have done it.

Google "modifry" to find Bob's website.

Oops, OK, I guess you found the page. Anyway, there you go.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Sep 23 2006, 11:44 PM
The car has been intentionally modified to have this behavior. Modifry has a web page describing how to do it. The previous owner must have done it.

Google "modifry" to find Bob's website.

Oops, OK, I guess you found the page. Anyway, there you go.
Sorry, I didn't know anything about this modifry page until a local S2ki'er pointed it out to me

Quick Reply: Turn signal problem