S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

TurboS

Old 11-01-2003, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the physics principle (Heizenburg's Uncertainty Principle) that you can measure one without changing the other....
Old 11-11-2003, 12:02 PM

Anybody got any more info on turbo kits available for the S?
Old 11-11-2003, 01:34 PM

The only two companies that have sold more than one or two turbo kits include Speedcraft, Stage VI Motorsports, and Ultimate Racing. Speedcraft has gone out of business. Stage VI was founded by the guy who designed Speedcraft's kit before heading out on his own. http://www.stage6motorsports.com/ I'm sure if you do a search on Ultimate Racing, you can find posts regarding their kit here on the boards.

CB
Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 AM

Good luck with your kit. Hopefully you manage to build a good one and with good success. There are not too many of us that have had good results with Turbos. I like to see success and not failure..
Old 11-12-2003, 07:05 AM

We will see what we will see. I had a 944 turbo and it was awesome . I'm not sure what I will do with this car yet.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:50 AM

Air/water intercoolers are ideal for drag racing, not street use. Heat soak is very bad if the car is not moving with an air/water. The reason it is ideal for drag racing is because you can use chilled ice water.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:58 AM

From a PM I sent in response to one of many I get about my turbo kit: "It's not something I would do unless you're prepared to spend three times what you think it'll cost and take six months longer than you expect." Bottom line: the S is already engineered reasonably close to the limits of performance, so adding a turbo is no trivial task. That said, I love my setup. I had no trouble dogging a 911 Turbo at Pacific Raceways in Seattle in October for several laps until the driver got frustrated and gave me a point-by. But it was a lot of work, time, frustration, and money to get there. If you want the full story, do a search on my screen name. You'll see a story littered with a series of minor setback and problems, some of which I'm still sorting out.

CB
Old 11-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Big Ben
Air/water intercoolers are ideal for drag racing, not street use. Heat soak is very bad if the car is not moving with an air/water. The reason it is ideal for drag racing is because you can use chilled ice water.
not sure where you are getting your info from. air to water intercoolers are much more efficent then air-to-air. air to air don't start cooling very efficently untill the car is moving to get air flowing through it. air to water has a much better heat transfer. the watter is constatly being circulated even when at a stop. the water is sent through a heat exchanger mounted up front. even when at a stop it is cooling better then a air-to air.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 500HP..TURBO
Good luck with your kit. Hopefully you manage to build a good one and with good success. There are not too many of us that have had good results with Turbos. I like to see success and not failure..
If you know what your doing you should have very good results with a turbo kit. if you have not had any turbo experience then don't bother.. get the SC kit. the sc kit is much more reliable...

And keep in mind... Its a boosted Honda, its not "IF" it will blow up its "WHEN"
Old 11-16-2003, 08:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by boostedj

Quick Reply: TurboS