S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

turbocharging S

Old 10-13-2003, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wesmaster

Actually three. Two while supercharged and one while turbo.

My point is simply that you haven't enough experience with your "monster" to know how long it will last.

Well, I don't have a commute and I don't drive my cars easy by any means. I beat on the car at 11 psi, hard, for about a month.

How many miles of hard driving have you racked up in the last month that your female friend has been driving the car? I'm sure she's going out there and giving it all it has.

She drives it pretty hard.

How did it do at the track? You claim to have this ultimate solution that is above everything but all you've done is go to a dyno, jack up the boost, throw a lot of fuel in there and claim that you're the best.

Yeah, but I'm sure if I ran a low 12 at 110+ ( If I was a GREAT driver, which I'm not ) and if ANYONE bought a pulley kit off me and ran a low 13, I'd have people calling BS left and right.

The car, with what I've come up with as a kit, put out 350 rwhp. What I do, or someone else does with it, is another story.

There's more to it than making one good dyno pass...and blowing up your differential the next day. I do not in anyway downplay how nice it is to have a 300+ hp supercharged S2000. I just don't like how you go around telling EVERYONE that they must do what you did to do it the "right" way. You're simply the most naive person on the board and it's aggrevating to see your ill logic posted day after day.

It would be worse of me not to say anything. From the E-manage installs I've witnessed, horror stories here, and in person at the shop, I think it's not the best solution for tuning. A piggyback will never be the best solution.

I would dare to say that you will never produce as much power / drivability with the e-manage on the same turbo / engine setup as you would with the AEM EMS.

If someone is going to go FI, I merely suggest that we learn from other's hardships and go with what's been proven. AEM EMS!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
So seriously, how many miles of hard driving has the car seen.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason00S2000
Old 10-13-2003, 09:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason00S2000
Old 10-13-2003, 09:43 PM

what is with everyone.

I dont come here much, but what I do read, a lot is very misinformative. it really angers me when people spout out that SC's are more reliable and shit then turbo's.

have i ever turbo'd my s2k? nope

But i have turbo'd other honda's, and have tuned about 20 cars w/ standalones and piggybacks. a lot with very different compression ratios, different size turbo's, etc.

No boosted car should be without proper fuel management, and i wouldnt classify a piggy back as proper.

I'm pretty damn good with the EMS software, and its sad to see how many people blow their motors due to lack of knowledge when it comes to the software, or just lack of general tuning knowledge.

Do they make a bolt on turbo kit for the s2k, yeah, but you couldnt pay me to put one on my car. Would i slap on a comptech SC kit? probably not without upgraded fuel management. SC's are fun, but Turbo's take the cake.

A lot of people need to brush up on their Forced Induction Intellect, im not calling anyone particular out, but ive noticed a lot of jackass comments on here, and im getting frustrated.

Hell, go read up on Honda-tech's FI for awhile, you'll learn a lot. granted turbo's are favored greatly in the b-series world, and frankly, its because most people are on the quest to make the most reliable HP, which we all know turbo's make more power than SC's.

i hope im not creating a shit storm by saying all this, but i would like to see a better knowledge base come out of this forum.

Mase
Old 10-13-2003, 09:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster